My highest $ average of $.2342 cents average per coin of 59 total coins found today

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a south Georgia Elementary School Sunday that I have searched one other time, because it is fenced off, and all gates are usually locked. But they have been doing some remodeling and had taken a large section of fence out and was able to get into the playground area.

With the aid of my White's TRX pinpointer and White's MX5, I found a total of 48 clad quarters, plus 8 clad dimes, and 2 memorial "copper" cents and 1 Sacagawea dollar dated 2000-P for a total of 59 coins, a total face value of $13.82......and when divided by 59 coins found a career $ average high for me, per target of $.2342.....

When I find a good location like this, and has not been hunted much.....I will use my 1st Stage method of recovery running in VDI of 70-99 and rejecting the zinc cents and everything else below 70, not knowing when I would be back.....in order to get maximum $ average per coin, when time is limited.....

I was finding so many quarters, that toward the end of the hunt, I quit digging the copper cents, and even a few of the dime signals......but I will be back to pick up the remainder of the dimes, cents, nickels or any gold on my next trip.....I am 75....so I can't hunt as long as I use to....but been metal detecting for 46 years....I love this hobby.

P1010011.JPG P1010014.JPG P1010013.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 16

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some terrific coin totals for the day and the year you are racking up! Congrats on the great haul. :occasion14:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of quarters works.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One week follow-up to a south Georgia Elementary School that I hunted last Sunday. I searched for about 4 more hours and found an additional 50 more clad coins total: 19 quarters, 21 dimes, 10 memorial cents, for a total face value of $6.95 and one 1 modern brass car wash token. Maybe next time I will scan for nickels & gold targets.....One thing for sure most areas are never worked out....Now I wonder how many nickels, I will find on my next trip.....Thanks for looking......and because there were nothing unusual, I did not post the pictures this time, unless somebody wants to see the car wash token. Happy Hunting Everyone.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow that is a "ton" of quarters, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my "3rd Stage" 3rd week follow-up to a south Georgia Elementary School that I hunted last 2 previous Sunday's.

I searched for about 4 more hours in Stage 3 digging everything, and found an additional 82 more clad coins total: 8 quarters, 34 dimes, 17 nickels, 22 memorial cents and 1 1944 wheat cent for a total face value of $6.49 and one marked 10K "Gemcraft" yellow & white gold band ......One thing for sure most areas are never worked out.... I will post the gold ring picture this time, for the last and final stage.
Happy Hunting Everyone.
P1010024.JPG
P.S. So what was my $ average, on Sta
ge 3, when I add in the 10K gold ring which weighed 2.2 grams at $16.00 a gram for 10K gold at current price would be $35.20 + $6.49 in coins a total of 83 good targets would $ average to $.5023 per good item found.....so the gold really uped my average.....just saying.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread