Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 94
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: Amazing finds at a hunted out school

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    us
    Knowledge in machine struck coinage and colonial through 1800's Relics.

    Feb 2013
    New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Woods
    Teknetics T2 SE (DST) Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup) 15" T2 coil Pro-Pointer Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 Fisher F2 Fisher F-Point
    3,741
    3281 times
    Coins and Relics
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Banner! I am extremely jealous! Probably a battle fought on that land in the Revolutionary War.



    Added:

    It could be from a reenactment though, the gold button looks a little off. The pewter is also is very good condition. I hope it is the real deal though, if so, definitely banner!
    Last edited by coinman123; Aug 12, 2017 at 05:36 PM.
    bspkayaker and Old Pueblo like this.
    2014-2015 Finds
    1700s Sundial
    165? french liard
    1696 1774 1730s copper
    1723 irish penny
    1730 KG coin toy
    2x AU 1803 LC
    1722 1/2 Penny
    1779 Real
    NJ Copper 1786
    1805,1838 LC
    23 Coppers 15 colonial
    124 1720-1850 buttons
    31 Musket Balls
    1906 1912 1934 dog Lics
    13 1700s Buckles 1 silver
    2 1700s spigot
    3 Thimbles 1 silver
    Cleaning Finds:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ge...ns-relics.html

  2. #17
    Charter Member
    us
    TOM

    Dec 2012
    UPSTATE NEW YORK
    1970 COMPASS- WHITES SILVER EAGLE- FISHER F POINT- WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL- GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLOYER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
    4,175
    1910 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I agree, I forgot to vote Banner due to shock and awww---Great finds
    A BAD DAY OF DIGGING IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

  3. #18

    Feb 2015
    Mass
    XP Deus
    86
    233 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    A bit better pictures of the last two buttons, still haven't cleaned them. Can anyone recommend the best way to clean these?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_111.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	1482432Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_333.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	1482433
    coinman123 likes this.

  4. #19

    Feb 2015
    Mass
    XP Deus
    86
    233 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by digging440yrs View Post
    I agree, I forgot to vote Banner due to shock and awww---Great finds
    Thank you, and believe me awww was certainly what I was feeling and then some
    coinman123 likes this.

  5. #20

    Feb 2015
    Mass
    XP Deus
    86
    233 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by coinman123 View Post
    Banner! I am extremely jealous! Probably a battle fought on that land in the Revolutionary War.



    Added:

    It could be from a reenactment though, the gold button looks a little off. The pewter is also is very good condition. I hope it is the real deal though, if so, definitely banner!
    Thanks Coinman for your banner vote!, I do agree they are in great condition, but I don't believe they are reenactment due to were they were found (in a small section of grass that just wouldn't make sense for a reenactment to take place.

    I have to say, I would love to be apart of the banner family as I have been with the forum for some time now.
    coinman123 and Old Pueblo like this.

  6. #21
    us
    Knowledge in machine struck coinage and colonial through 1800's Relics.

    Feb 2013
    New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Woods
    Teknetics T2 SE (DST) Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup) 15" T2 coil Pro-Pointer Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 Fisher F2 Fisher F-Point
    3,741
    3281 times
    Coins and Relics
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bspkayaker View Post
    A bit better pictures of the last two buttons, still haven't cleaned them. Can anyone recommend the best way to clean these?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_111.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	1482432Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_333.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	1482433
    I would put them under running water, when the dirt is gone then seal them with white Elmer's Glue (at least that is what I was told to do with my sundial). Awesome finds, good luck with ID, I am not good with military buttons lol. Find of a lifetime, finding a cache of Revolutionary War buttons. Perhaps a uniform dump? They all look Revolutionary War to me. Each one alone is a banner.
    bspkayaker likes this.
    2014-2015 Finds
    1700s Sundial
    165? french liard
    1696 1774 1730s copper
    1723 irish penny
    1730 KG coin toy
    2x AU 1803 LC
    1722 1/2 Penny
    1779 Real
    NJ Copper 1786
    1805,1838 LC
    23 Coppers 15 colonial
    124 1720-1850 buttons
    31 Musket Balls
    1906 1912 1934 dog Lics
    13 1700s Buckles 1 silver
    2 1700s spigot
    3 Thimbles 1 silver
    Cleaning Finds:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ge...ns-relics.html

  7. #22

    Feb 2015
    Mass
    XP Deus
    86
    233 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USA.PNG 
Views:	39 
Size:	602.2 KB 
ID:	1482443
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_000.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	1482445


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34th Regiment.PNG 
Views:	36 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	1482442
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_001(1).jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	1482446

    As you can see from my avatar, I found this one awhile back
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_02411.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	758.2 KB 
ID:	1482448
    Last edited by bspkayaker; Aug 12, 2017 at 06:08 PM.
    coinman123 likes this.

  8. #23

    Feb 2015
    Mass
    XP Deus
    86
    233 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by coinman123 View Post
    I would put them under running water, when the dirt is gone then seal them with white Elmer's Glue (at least that is what I was told to do with my sundial). Awesome finds, good luck with ID, I am not good with military buttons lol. Find of a lifetime, finding a cache of Revolutionary War buttons. Perhaps a uniform dump? They all look Revolutionary War to me. Each one alone is a banner.
    Thanks for the cleaning advise, I am certainly sweating it out a bit of the thought of destroying these trying to clean them
    coinman123 likes this.

  9. #24
    us
    Knowledge in machine struck coinage and colonial through 1800's Relics.

    Feb 2013
    New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Woods
    Teknetics T2 SE (DST) Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup) 15" T2 coil Pro-Pointer Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 Fisher F2 Fisher F-Point
    3,741
    3281 times
    Coins and Relics
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bspkayaker View Post
    Thanks Coinman for your banner vote!, I do agree they are in great condition, but I don't believe they are reenactment due to were they were found (in a small section of grass that just wouldn't make sense for a reenactment to take place.

    I have to say, I would love to be apart of the banner family as I have been with the forum for some time now.
    Your welcome . I would hunt the hell out of that section of grass, too bad a lot of the other land is probably developed from building the school, what isn't developed though would be great. Also, if there is any woods around the school, even a small patch, go there. I found a virgin cellar hole site, from the 1730's and abandoned circa 1800. Right in the public woods behind a school, I pulled up around 100 (civilian) colonial buttons, and around 20 colonial coppers there.
    bspkayaker and Old Pueblo like this.
    2014-2015 Finds
    1700s Sundial
    165? french liard
    1696 1774 1730s copper
    1723 irish penny
    1730 KG coin toy
    2x AU 1803 LC
    1722 1/2 Penny
    1779 Real
    NJ Copper 1786
    1805,1838 LC
    23 Coppers 15 colonial
    124 1720-1850 buttons
    31 Musket Balls
    1906 1912 1934 dog Lics
    13 1700s Buckles 1 silver
    2 1700s spigot
    3 Thimbles 1 silver
    Cleaning Finds:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ge...ns-relics.html

  10. #25

    Feb 2015
    Mass
    XP Deus
    86
    233 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by coinman123 View Post
    Your welcome . I would hunt the hell out of that section of grass, too bad a lot of the other land is probably developed from building the school, what isn't developed though would be great. Also, if there is any woods around the school, even a small patch, go there. I found a virgin cellar hole site, from the 1730's and abandoned circa 1800. Right in the public woods behind a school, I pulled up around 100 (civilian) colonial buttons, and around 20 colonial coppers there.
    I will be hitting that section hard as the finds were basically from cherry picking. I see your in New England, whereabouts are you located? If your somewhat close by your welcome to join me
    coinman123 likes this.

  11. #26
    us
    Knowledge in machine struck coinage and colonial through 1800's Relics.

    Feb 2013
    New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Woods
    Teknetics T2 SE (DST) Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup) 15" T2 coil Pro-Pointer Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 Fisher F2 Fisher F-Point
    3,741
    3281 times
    Coins and Relics
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bspkayaker View Post
    I will be hitting that section hard as the finds were basically from cherry picking. I see your in New England, whereabouts are you located? If your somewhat close by your welcome to join me
    I'm from southern NH, what part of MA are you in? I will PM you if I am ever in the area.
    bspkayaker likes this.
    2014-2015 Finds
    1700s Sundial
    165? french liard
    1696 1774 1730s copper
    1723 irish penny
    1730 KG coin toy
    2x AU 1803 LC
    1722 1/2 Penny
    1779 Real
    NJ Copper 1786
    1805,1838 LC
    23 Coppers 15 colonial
    124 1720-1850 buttons
    31 Musket Balls
    1906 1912 1934 dog Lics
    13 1700s Buckles 1 silver
    2 1700s spigot
    3 Thimbles 1 silver
    Cleaning Finds:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ge...ns-relics.html

  12. #27

    Feb 2015
    Mass
    XP Deus
    86
    233 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by coinman123 View Post
    I'm from southern NH, what part of MA are you in? I will PM you if I am ever in the area.
    Greenfield, just south of Brattleboro, vt
    coinman123 likes this.

  13. #28
    us
    Mar 2017
    Arizona
    793
    917 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by bspkayaker View Post
    I think you are right and that it is French Rev. war buttons. When I first found them I figured they were not rev. war buttons, very pleased. Ill tell you, sometimes
    I would take these relics over coins. It is a blast researching the history of relics
    I agree. Those buttons have an amazing history that is a lot easier to research and learn about then just your average coin. What I mean is, you can research that "34" button and find a lot of really interesting stuff about the regiment's history, but there is only so much you can learn about most modern coins.
    Last edited by Old Pueblo; Aug 12, 2017 at 07:10 PM.
    bspkayaker and Kurios1 like this.

  14. #29
    Charter Member
    us
    TOM

    Dec 2012
    UPSTATE NEW YORK
    1970 COMPASS- WHITES SILVER EAGLE- FISHER F POINT- WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL- GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLOYER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
    4,175
    1910 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The 1 on the right I believe is a colonial Scotland thistle button, like this 1----- Name:  thLK1VDSM2 thistle.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  23.1 KB
    A BAD DAY OF DIGGING IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

  15. #30

    Feb 2015
    Mass
    XP Deus
    86
    233 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by digging440yrs View Post
    The 1 on the right I believe is a colonial Scotland thistle button, like this 1----- Name:  thLK1VDSM2 thistle.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  23.1 KB
    I think you just nailed it! Thanks, that one button was a tough one to find online
    digging440yrs and Old Pueblo like this.

 

 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Back to the hunted out school
    By Pdr206 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Apr 13, 2014, 05:30 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 07, 2013, 01:42 AM
  3. Hunted at an old school today....
    By Goes4ever in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2011, 06:23 PM
  4. Hunted out school + E-Trac = Not so hunted out!!
    By Corpsegrinder in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 08, 2009, 09:53 PM
  5. hunted out school
    By upier in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 10:25 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0