Would You?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Question? Would YOU leave the comfort of your home at 11:30 p.m. and wander around a vacant old house sight in the country on a moonlit night at around 50 degrees temperature for some meager finds like these? LOL! Well, I obviously would and did. Actually finding these handful of decent targets shows me how far I have come since the beginning days where it took me 100 hunts just to find my first wheat penny. I've learned when conditions are terrible, and they are on this sight, I have to slow down to a virtual crawl and swing ultra slow just to hear what might be a decent non ferrous target. Nothing spectacular but, I was one with nature and managed to clean up some more trash and a few good targets. I did manage another handful of zinc and memorial pennies but, get bored very quickly with the area they are concentrated in. Have a great Sunday! Kurios1

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 23
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only would I do it, I've even left at 3am, in the rain, to catch a low tide during a high surf event....at 55 degrees. It's an illness and it can't be cured.

You got it bad. I like that.:headbang:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time detecting is a great time! Besides I do not sleep more than 4 1/2 hours a night, so night hunting may be a good option.

I have done a lot of night hunting with my Explorer II. I found my only 2 cent piece at night with my faithful EXII. I even shot a bit of video after I realized what I had recovered. Night time is the RIGHT time sometimes.:headbang:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great with the conditions, but I'm with digger460. Cant hardly stay up that late anymore ! Congrats on your moonlit finds.

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short answer to your question... "Yes".

Nice finds, regardless of the time of day, or the conditions!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great with the conditions, but I'm with digger460. Cant hardly stay up that late anymore ! Congrats on your moonlit finds.

I must have some raccoon & possum in my DNA. I love it out at night.:munky2:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! Question. Have you noticed your recoveries to be improved on night hunts versus day hunts. For instance I found my oldest US coin at night, 1826 half cent. Found my first and only 2 cent coin at night. Also my best silver coins spills have ALL come at night. I know there may be physiological factors with the moon, moisture-dew content of the soil grass, and the fact I go much slower at night which may be the greatest factor of all. Just curious?

I do, thinking it more because I'm listening more and senses are naturally heightened alone at night. Moisture probably helps too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread