Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Would You?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
    Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    5507 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Would You?

Howdy Folks. Question? Would YOU leave the comfort of your home at 11:30 p.m. and wander around a vacant old house sight in the country on a moonlit night at around 50 degrees temperature for some meager finds like these? LOL! Well, I obviously would and did. Actually finding these handful of decent targets shows me how far I have come since the beginning days where it took me 100 hunts just to find my first wheat penny. I've learned when conditions are terrible, and they are on this sight, I have to slow down to a virtual crawl and swing ultra slow just to hear what might be a decent non ferrous target. Nothing spectacular but, I was one with nature and managed to clean up some more trash and a few good targets. I did manage another handful of zinc and memorial pennies but, get bored very quickly with the area they are concentrated in. Have a great Sunday! Kurios1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	1482638Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	1482639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	1482640
    Last edited by Kurios1; Aug 13, 2017 at 04:06 AM.
    “This Is My Creed I believe first in God, the same God in which my ancestors believed. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my saviour. Second, I believe in the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America, without interpretation, as it was written and meant to work. I have given my sacred oath “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.” I intend to fulfill that oath. Third, I believe in the family unit and, in particular, my family unit. I have sworn that I will give my life, if it is required, in defense of God, the Constitution, or my family. Fourth, I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever. William Cooper August 3, 1990”
    ― Milton William Cooper, Behold a Pale Horse

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Illinois
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Carrot Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer Vibra-tector 730
    2060 times
    Sure I would if I could stay up that long What's the "whats it" in the second picture?
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    5507 times
    Quote Originally Posted by digger460 View Post
    Sure I would if I could stay up that long What's the "whats it" in the second picture?
    The first two pictures are a button. Doesn't look that old and probably a coat button. Had me going for a bit in the dark though. I was thinking CW State Seal Button!
    “This Is My Creed I believe first in God, the same God in which my ancestors believed. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my saviour. Second, I believe in the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America, without interpretation, as it was written and meant to work. I have given my sacred oath “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.” I intend to fulfill that oath. Third, I believe in the family unit and, in particular, my family unit. I have sworn that I will give my life, if it is required, in defense of God, the Constitution, or my family. Fourth, I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever. William Cooper August 3, 1990”

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Illinois
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Carrot Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer Vibra-tector 730
    2060 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurios1 View Post
    The first two pictures are a button. Doesn't look that old and probably a coat button. Had me going for a bit in the dark though. I was thinking CW State Seal Button!
    The design would have had me going to. First thought was a CRUSADER find
    Kurios1 likes this.
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Minelabs/Garretts
    1170 times
    Yes.
    Kurios1 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    art

Dec 2015
    Maryland's eastern shore
    whites MXTPro whites MXSport
    12583 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Congrats
    Growing old is not for sissies I thought it would take longer to get old.

us
    Jan 2010
    DFW Texas
    Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
    2175 times
    I would if I had some good sites. One question though, how are the mosquitoes at night time?
    Kurios1 likes this.

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Mark IV Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Carrot
    2725 times
    Metal Detecting
    Never thought about late night hunting. I think I would enjoy that. Nice finds.
    Kurios1 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    5507 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienLifeForm View Post
    I would if I had some good sites. One question though, how are the mosquitoes at night time?
    The cool temperatures at night have them grounded it seems. No bugs at all bothering me.
    AlienLifeForm likes this.

I tend to get a little bit nervous after dark around here, we do have plenty of copperheads and ground rattlers and night or dark times seem to be the most bite times. But I do totally understand your reasoning. like anything else, when confidence is gained in something, the rewards can get better. I do have a couple of places that I wouldn't might hunting at night but I might attract unwanted individuals in the process. good luck
    Kurios1 and WHADIFIND like this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    5507 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    I tend to get a little bit nervous after dark around here, we do have plenty of copperheads and ground rattlers and night or dark times seem to be the most bite times. But I do totally understand your reasoning. like anything else, when confidence is gained in something, the rewards can get better. I do have a couple of places that I wouldn't might hunting at night but I might attract unwanted individuals in the process. good luck
    I am pretty selective about hunting at night. I would NOT do it where I would be bothering folks trying to sleep. In the woods, old country farmhouses, and places where no one is bothered by my presence is what I look for. As far as critters go toads don't pose much of a threat. Coyotes have crept in on me a few times making me go into barbarian mode to try and discourage their advances.

us
    Apr 2017
    Bay Area, CA
    Tesoro Cibola, XP Deus w/ HF coils, & 11" LF. Land and Sea pinpointer
    519 times
    Most likely, yes. Depends on the neighborhood, but you said country... so that might negate the two legged night critters more common in my parts.
    Kurios1 likes this.

us
    Jan 2010
    DFW Texas
    Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
    2175 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurios1 View Post
    The cool temperatures at night have them grounded it seems. No bugs at all bothering me.
    I like the sound of that!

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    13061 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    In a word....no. I'm just too concerned about being out at night, anywhere. Unless I'm on the trail of a known treasure chest/post hole bank. I'm just too concerned about the ever mounting night creepers that are becoming too prevalent for this old man's druthers. Color me.....yellow?

I already feel too obvious out there during the daytime, without adding a concern that Mz Bizzybody might phone the authorities about someone slinking about in the dark with what looks like a weapon. Also, I always use earphones so I wouldn't be able to hear anything creeping up on me!
    Kurios1 likes this.
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Minelabs/Garretts
    1170 times
    For me it's often in the morning just before first light, 5 to 5:30 AM, it's cooler outside, & IF I hit a great spot, I have most all day to keep detecting.
    Kurios1 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links