Civil War Relics and my Best Button!

okpych

May 26, 2017
Lowcountry of South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a stellar hunt today on a property with Addam's Artifacts in Charleston County, SC. Was out for many hours but really didn't find everything until close to the end. I only dug one civil war relic before this hunt, and you can say that I left a happy man with these awesome artifacts. I started making my way to a spot that was infested with iron, but I was able to dig in between the signals and pick out a few keepers. First, the D buckle that was civil war era, then the sword guard that's civil war era, then finally I did something I might never do again. I dug a really ugly signal that kinda bounced to 71-72 and out came a civil war era button. I was at least expecting a general service, maybe even a South Carolina (I've found neither), but when I saw that beautiful I on the front of the button, I about fainted.
IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0797.JPG

For my first civil war button, I managed to dig an amazing one. A confederate, English made infantry button. That went through the union blockade. That fell off a solider. That I dug. It almost felt like time froze, everything was quiet and the only thing I heard was me yelling. I was so happy!!

Thanks to Robert Bohrn for helping me ID the button and Addam Coe for running the hunt. They are the smartest people I've met in the hobby--incredible people. You will not regret going on an Addam's Artifact hunt.
IMG_0796.JPG

Thanks for reading
HH
Ryan

Upvote 26

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME 1 st Button!
These days only the Cast Buttons come out that Nice , (Other than the Sandy Low Country it seems ) lol

IMO The only thing Better would be a SC in the same condition.

Can you read a Back-Mark?

OP
OP
okpych

okpych

May 26, 2017
Lowcountry of South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME 1 st Button!
These days only the Cast Buttons come out that Nice , (Other than the Sandy Low Country it seems ) lol

IMO The only thing Better would be a SC in the same condition.

Can you read a Back-Mark?
Thanks!!
Yes, the sandy ground of the low country has treated this button fairly well for the past 150 or so years..

The back is blank.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a stellar hunt today on a property with Addam's Artifacts in Charleston County, SC. Was out for many hours but really didn't find everything until close to the end. I only dug one civil war relic before this hunt, and you can say that I left a happy man with these awesome artifacts. I started making my way to a spot that was infested with iron, but I was able to dig in between the signals and pick out a few keepers. First, the D buckle that was civil war era, then the sword guard that's civil war era, then finally I did something I might never do again. I dug a really ugly signal that kinda bounced to 71-72 and out came a civil war era button. I was at least expecting a general service, maybe even a South Carolina (I've found neither), but when I saw that beautiful I on the front of the button, I about fainted.
View attachment 1482764 View attachment 1482765

For my first civil war button, I managed to dig an amazing one. A confederate, English made infantry button. That went through the union blockade. That fell off a solider. That I dug. It almost felt like time froze, everything was quiet and the only thing I heard was me yelling. I was so happy!!

Thanks to Robert Bohrn for helping me ID the button and Addam Coe for running the hunt. They are the smartest people I've met in the hobby--incredible people. You will not regret going on an Addam's Artifact hunt.
View attachment 1482766

Thanks for reading
HH
Ryan

Thought yr, button might be a "Local" but after some checking , I do believe you have found an Excellent Block ,Lined 'I' Made in England .
I'm proud for you & a bit Envious.
Super Find.
GD

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge congrats for a couple awesome finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread