Civil War Relics and my Best Button!

okpych

May 26, 2017
Lowcountry of South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a stellar hunt today on a property with Addam's Artifacts in Charleston County, SC. Was out for many hours but really didn't find everything until close to the end. I only dug one civil war relic before this hunt, and you can say that I left a happy man with these awesome artifacts. I started making my way to a spot that was infested with iron, but I was able to dig in between the signals and pick out a few keepers. First, the D buckle that was civil war era, then the sword guard that's civil war era, then finally I did something I might never do again. I dug a really ugly signal that kinda bounced to 71-72 and out came a civil war era button. I was at least expecting a general service, maybe even a South Carolina (I've found neither), but when I saw that beautiful I on the front of the button, I about fainted.
IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0797.JPG

For my first civil war button, I managed to dig an amazing one. A confederate, English made infantry button. That went through the union blockade. That fell off a solider. That I dug. It almost felt like time froze, everything was quiet and the only thing I heard was me yelling. I was so happy!!

Thanks to Robert Bohrn for helping me ID the button and Addam Coe for running the hunt. They are the smartest people I've met in the hobby--incredible people. You will not regret going on an Addam's Artifact hunt.
IMG_0796.JPG

Thanks for reading
HH
Ryan

Upvote 26

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodness .. That is a beautiful Block I :headbang:

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i already told you congrats but CONGRATS. You were due for an awesome find and I'm glad yah got it bud!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome button, congrats

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding hunt! I can feel your enthusiasm and can relate!
Congratulations!![emoji106]

HH, RN

Cantstopdigging

Sep 9, 2016
NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds! Could you post a picture of the back of the hook? I found one similar to this, and I'm curious about what yours looks like from the other side.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the nicest lined I's I have ever seen. It is a beauty. Congrats man.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful button!! Well done!! Congrats and HH

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a honey of a button for sure. Cool old d ring and hook as well. Some old ground you were on there.:headbang:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It only takes one find to make a hunt memorable, congrats on the finds.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!! Hard work and finding the good ground rewarded you. (High Five)!!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on an exceedingly nice I button.

Wow.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang:Avatar UPGRADE!!! :occasion18::blob8::wav::blob8::hello2: WOO HOO! Glad you are cheesing over that beautiful button enough to continue showing it off to the rest of us. Nice.:icon_salut:

Cantstopdigging

Sep 9, 2016
NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting a picture of the back of your hook. Take a look at the one I found. Mine is in bad shape. IMG_0323.JPG

Clevelander

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2017
Rocky River, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[

Wow! The button is in excellent condition!

QUOTE=okpych;5499778]Had a stellar hunt today on a property with Addam's Artifacts in Charleston County, SC. Was out for many hours but really didn't find everything until close to the end. I only dug one civil war relic before this hunt, and you can say that I left a happy man with these awesome artifacts. I started making my way to a spot that was infested with iron, but I was able to dig in between the signals and pick out a few keepers. First, the D buckle that was civil war era, then the sword guard that's civil war era, then finally I did something I might never do again. I dug a really ugly signal that kinda bounced to 71-72 and out came a civil war era button. I was at least expecting a general service, maybe even a South Carolina (I've found neither), but when I saw that beautiful I on the front of the button, I about fainted.
View attachment 1482764 View attachment 1482765

For my first civil war button, I managed to dig an amazing one. A confederate, English made infantry button. That went through the union blockade. That fell off a solider. That I dug. It almost felt like time froze, everything was quiet and the only thing I heard was me yelling. I was so happy!!

Thanks to Robert Bohrn for helping me ID the button and Addam Coe for running the hunt. They are the smartest people I've met in the hobby--incredible people. You will not regret going on an Addam's Artifact hunt.
View attachment 1482766

Thanks for reading
HH
Ryan[/QUOTE]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions