What is your wierdest find!! IF YOUR SUEEMISH DONT CLICK THIS POST. MY GOLD FIND

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170813_124854.jpg 20170813_124849.jpg I found these looked like a set of lower teeth there were two on each side in the back I did some field work and with a rock smashed the plastic teeth away so just the gold was left. lol well I hope gold was left I didn't want to totally creep out my gold jeweler guy. I still think it might have even though he says he does buy Dentist gold. I'm hoping its gold I dont think he would have sent them away for essay if they weren't LOL Ill know by the end of the week. I guess these can have gold and other precious metals mixed in we will see. My creepiest find still is the time I had a silver dollar/half dollar signal and dug it up it was coming from an old bag I opened the bag hoping for a cache of coinage only to find a cat skeleton and it was the collar tag that was making the signal eeehhhhh!!!!! I put Morris back

Upvote 21

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here you go. Found in France. I left it there, I can give you the coordinates no problem. It has a big chunk of gold as well. :tongue3:

20170308_151928.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go. Found in France. I left it there, I can give you the coordinates no problem. It has a big chunk of gold as well. :tongue3:

View attachment 1482944
Thats hillarious give me some credit I didnt disturb the body just removed the teeth LOL (just kidding) My find did not have that many teeth I think it was 4 2 on each side I needed the gold. I guess it depends on the person LOL Grab a pair of tongs stick em in a bag mail em to me ... LOL

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are those uppers I could have a set!!!!! I bet George Washinton would have paid some high dollars for them. Wooden you think!!!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting find.

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1482936 View attachment 1482939 I found these looked like a set of lower teeth there were two on each side in the back I did some field work and with a rock smashed the plastic teeth away so just the gold was left. lol well I hope gold was left I didn't want to totally creep out my gold jeweler guy. I still think it might have even though he says he does buy Dentist gold. I'm hoping its gold I dont think he would have sent them away for essay if they weren't LOL Ill know by the end of the week. I guess these can have gold and other precious metals mixed in we will see. My creepiest find still is the time I had a silver dollar/half dollar signal and dug it up it was coming from an old bag I opened the bag hoping for a cache of coinage only to find a cat skeleton and it was the collar tag that was making the signal eeehhhhh!!!!! I put Morris back

That's pretty hilarious. Hoping for a cache of coins and it's a dead cat hahaha :)

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My weirdest find was an old light blue cork top bottle from the 1800s, filled with old teeth! I found it in my grandparents back yard, though. They had dug it up a long time before on one of their bottle digging expeditions. Unfortunately, I knocked the box it was in over and broke it, otherwise Id show you.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't creep out a gold buyer, especially if he's been around for a while. I was a buyer for a while. We saw and tested all kinds of things. I've seen teeth, bridges, plates or whatever that is you have. It's not uncommon for them to see that stuff. Some buy from dentists, and the older guy that taught me talked about a mason jar full of teeth that he supposedly saw at one time. I guess they came from an funeral home. No clue if it was true or not, I didn't personally see them.

Either way! Gold is gold!!

Added...After I posted I saw the post above. I guess people kept jars of teeth! I've heard that a few times, and wonder if some of that stuff made it to the states after the war? Makes you wonder!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't creep out a gold buyer, especially if he's been around for a while. I was a buyer for a while. We saw and tested all kinds of things. I've seen teeth, bridges, plates or whatever that is you have. It's not uncommon for them to see that stuff. Some buy from dentists, and the older guy that taught me talked about a mason jar full of teeth that he supposedly saw at one time. I guess they came from an funeral home. No clue if it was true or not, I didn't personally see them.

Either way! Gold is gold!!
Yes my Jeweler said he gets gold from funeral parlers . He sen this off to essay any ideas what kind of gold is used carrot wise just curious

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My weirdest find was an old light blue cork top bottle from the 1800s, filled with old teeth! I found it in my grandparents back yard, though. They had dug it up a long time before on one of their bottle digging expeditions. Unfortunately, I knocked the box it was in over and broke it, otherwise Id show you.
That's funny were they gold teeth

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes my Jeweler said he gets gold from funeral parlers . He sen this off to essay any ideas what kind of gold is used carrot wise just curious

That I don't remember......I do know teeth were 16k. Not sure that we ever found a gold bridge. I remember testing them because a lot of people were sure they were platinum. But it's been a while and I don't remember if any tested or turned out to be platinum. But teeth? Almost always tested 16k.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was guessing 6 to 8 k I hope I got honest essay results most I assume are honest people is that the case or is it a crap shoot???? Thanks

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That I don't remember......I do know teeth were 16k. Not sure that we ever found a gold bridge. I remember testing them because a lot of people were sure they were platinum. But it's been a while and I don't remember if any tested or turned out to be platinum. But teeth? Almost always tested 16k.
He was guessing 6 to 8 k I hope I got honest essay results most I assume are honest people is that the case or is it a crap shoot???? Thanks

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That I don't know. We were honest, because we wanted a good reputation and we had one until the end when my partner was getting greedy. So, if he's been around a while he may be honest. I'm no expert, but 6k to 8k sounds low to me for dental gold. My wife told me she does remember gold bridges and partials.

You can always have it tested by someone else to make sure. There was a site online that listed all the dental gold and platinum. Of course I can't find it at the moment.

Here's one..that explains some...http://beforeitsnews.com/gold-and-precious-metals/2013/05/what-karat-is-dental-gold-2504768.html

I was in Ohio, I thought there was a refiner in Michigan. I kind of remember guys sending their stuff there. I'll see if I can find it on the net.

Found it, I've never sent here, but I knew people that did. They are just as fair as anyone else on single pieces. Where it really counts is you had ozt's of it. But for a single piece they will be within a Few bucks or they wouldn't stay in business very long. That's all these other guys do, they collect it, take their cut, then send to a place like this.

http://www.midwestrefineries.com/

Last edited:

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep been there and done that. Mine was a dog somebody stuffed in an old backpack and buried shallow.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That I don't know. We were honest, because we wanted a good reputation and we had one until the end when my partner was getting greedy. So, if he's been around a while he may be honest. I'm no expert, but 6k to 8k sounds low to me for dental gold. My wife told me she does remember gold bridges and partials.

You can always have it tested by someone else to make sure. There was a site online that listed all the dental gold and platinum. Of course I can't find it at the moment.

Here's one..that explains some...What Karat is Dental Gold | Gold and Precious Metals

I was in Ohio, I thought there was a refiner in Michigan. I kind of remember guys sending their stuff there. I'll see if I can find it on the net.

Found it, I've never sent here, but I knew people that did. They are just as fair as anyone else on single pieces. Where it really counts is you had ozt's of it. But for a single piece they will be within a Few bucks or they wouldn't stay in business very long. That's all these other guys do, they collect it, take their cut, then send to a place like this.

Precious metals buyers, smelters, refiners of gold, platinum, silver scrap metals, dental gold scrap, platinum thermocouple wire, crucibles, silver scrap. Gold refiners, platinum scrap buyers, recyclers karat gold jewelry. Sell gold, platinum and sil
Thanks for the info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions