Ok, it's not old,but I got my first gold.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With the ''dead season'' of July to September I decided to go on a practice in the local park. I have to admit it's really not my usual hunting grounds as it was only my 3rd hunt in a public place. Went there with the intention of finding my very first gold object so dug every pull tab in the area. After 2,5 hours was ready to go home but got a high 75 signal on my Deus. Thought it was an other Toonie (Canadian 2 dollars coin) so decided to dig the last target. Was really surprised when this shiny beauty came out of the ground. It was still attached to a gold colored chain(that turned out to be plated and might explain the high signal).

The awesome part is my first gold turned out to be a 24 karat one. It seems to have an image of Buddha on the lotus. Really happy with this find. It's not big or old or a Spanish Dobloon but it's my very first gold item. Just wanted to share the moment with you.

P.S. I'm done with the parks. Don't know how some of you guys do it but I'm destroyed after only 2,5 hours (I'm used to 8 hours field or woods hunts). My knees and shoulder hurt like crazy from constant use of the digger. I really missed my shovel, that's for sure.

Thanks for the comments.

20170813_214304.jpg
20170813_214323.jpg
20170813_214246.jpg
20170814_092537.jpg
DSC_1722.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 59

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty good, going with the intention to get gold then you get it! Congrats on the awesome piece!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find! I just get pulltabs!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice gold. I stopped hunting parks a while back as well. I'm a "dig it all" kind of guy and found I couldn't pass up any signals, which resumed in a similar outcome to yours.

Pray for escudos! Cheers

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice religious medal. 24k...spectacular.

Funny I found a 10 heart pendant with a diamond chip on a junk chain. But I'm really surprised a 24k pendant would be on a junk chain.

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's pretty good, going with the intention to get gold then you get it! Congrats on the awesome piece!

Thank you. Really glad it finally happened. I don't see why it would before that as I mostly hunt fields and woods, but on my 3rd hunt in a park it did.

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice gold. I stopped hunting parks a while back as well. I'm a "dig it all" kind of guy and found I couldn't pass up any signals, which resumed in a similar outcome to yours.

Pray for escudos! Cheers

Thank you. Same here. It's very unusual for me to ignore some signals as at the spots I usually hunt even an iron signals might represent something interesting. I will pray for Escuados! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice religious medal. 24k...spectacular.

Funny I found a 10 heart pendant with a diamond chip on a junk chain. But I'm really surprised a 24k pendant would be on a junk chain.

Thank you.
I'm surprised as well. The chain is gold plated copper. The pendant is a very pure gold no doubt about it.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you. Same here. It's very unusual for me to ignore some signals as at the spots I usually hunt even an iron signals might represent something interesting. I will pray for Escuados! :occasion14:

Absolutely, iron with a "squeak" that I decide to dig turns out to be old lumpy iron 95% of the time. The other 5% is often very surprising and worth the time digging all the BS and crap. Lol.

That dandy on my latest post is a prime example. Sounded like iron but with a questionable little blip. Turned out the shank was encased in iron somehow and made the signal sound really crappy. Just goes to show

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the first!

Soooo,,,,maybe digging for clad, on average of once every 6 mins or so, on one's knees, with a small hand digger, in a park. Isn't quite such a simple task as many seem to think, eh? :tongue3:

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, congrats on that awesome park find! Pure gold is where it's at! :headbang:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful Piece - Congratulations on your First, and Many More! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread