Very disappointed with Deus Xp

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys
I hope you're all doing fine and have found a lot of small treasures.
I haven't been searching lately and I haven't been active on the forum.
I've got triplets and the 24 hours system is not enough for me :)))
Although, I got the Deus Xp V.4. I had noticed that a lot of you guys use this machine and the reviews are almost the best.My problem is that I can't realize why!
First of all I had to buy a USB recharger because if I forget to have Deus 100% I'm ....
With the At Pro never had this problem, just kept 4 batt in my beg.
A lot of confusing sounds without making any difference on what is down there.
I remember that someone told me that Deus was the best for eliminating iron. Well, let me show you. I hope you remember my previous post and finds With the At Pro. Now have a look on Deus finds.
You will be disappointed too.
My opinion: it is French stuff.
Every single nail that you will see gave a high tone, on the surface or deeper.
P_20170814_083147.jpg
P_20170814_083147.jpg

Attachments

• P_20170814_083210.jpg
    P_20170814_083210.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
Upvote 6

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
it has been to hot to go md

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been killing it with the Deus and the 4.0 program. Have this one neighbor's lawn that is full of every piece of brass, aluminum and nails imaginable. Buddy has an AT Pro and he is doing ok. I'm using the Deus and have been hammering it. A HUGE silver ring with a moonstone on it, gold ring, yesterday pulled out a 1953 nickel with a nail STUCK to it. Place is so trashy I use the Deus fast program right out of the box.

Beach is either wet sand or dry sand, depending on what you are going over. Lots of coins.

I don't use the basic programs. We dig very little iron, unless we want to. Perhaps only set 3 tones on the machine and try the fast program.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, being from the New World, I'd be thrilled by a few Roman Hob nails.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you mis-understood, it has the fastest reactivity rate whilst in iron. Its the best at hearing small silver objects in a bunch of nails. Other machine will null out & not hear them at all. It doesn't mean you don't hear the nails, unless you use setting that could affect your performance.
You shouldn't slag off a machine until you know how to use it. I'm not changing machine anytime soon, it would kill my find rate.

Iron nails are easy to work out once you know the sounds & a quick visual on the VDU will be a 01-09. However, when you 'know' the machine you will hear deep Roman Coins that sound better than the responses they give. I dig many small Roman Coins at --,00,01,02,03 etc. Scrape the ground a few inches & they normally improve.

Last edited:

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it takes time to learn a machine. I'm running the Deus Lite after upgrading from the ATP. I loved the ATP and think it is a great value for the money, but I'm finding Silvers with the Deus at places I didn't get a peep from the ATP. Watch some of Gary's videos on YouTube. Unless you have a defective unit that Deus is not the problem.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my deep program, but this is HEAR ALL Program. You will hear every nail but you must learn to ignore them, if thats what you want. I clear big iron, & year on year I clear the big nails, then the small nails & so on, until no signals are left.
There are no short-cuts to success. Believing people/manufacturers who tell you these machines will ignore rubbish are selling a pipe-dream.
Notch 00-00
Disc 0
Sens 95 (if ground allows)
Freq 12
Iron Vol 0
Reactivity 2
Audio 05

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Deus is a great machine. Don't forget to charge it, learn its tones and don't change the setting for the first few months and it will do wonders for you.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys
I hope you're all doing fine and have found a lot of small treasures.
I haven't been searching lately and I haven't been active on the forum.
I've got triplets and the 24 hours system is not enough for me :)))
Although, I got the Deus Xp V.4. I had noticed that a lot of you guys use this machine and the reviews are almost the best.My problem is that I can't realize why!
First of all I had to buy a USB recharger because if I forget to have Deus 100% I'm ....
With the At Pro never had this problem, just kept 4 batt in my beg.
A lot of confusing sounds without making any difference on what is down there.
I remember that someone told me that Deus was the best for eliminating iron. Well, let me show you. I hope you remember my previous post and finds With the At Pro. Now have a look on Deus finds.
You will be disappointed too.
My opinion: it is French stuff.
Every single nail that you will see gave a high tone, on the surface or deeper.
View attachment 1483034
View attachment 1483034

Can't help you if you don't give us a clue about:

How you have the machine set up. (# of tones, reactivity, disc, fixed or tracking gb, frequency)

What base program you are using (e.g., Deus fast, gold field) and any customizations.

What coil you are using (the new HF hardware is very different than the legacy coils).

What type of detecting you are doing (coin, relic, prospecting, high conductors, mid conductor doctors, small targets, large targets) and type of terrain (freshwater, saltwater, wet beach, dry beach, mild soil, mineralized soil), type of site (modern, old, trashy, clean, emi).

Plenty of ways to set up the machine wrong and make it unusable.

If this is more about the Deus than your finds, post your issues in the Deus forum.

USB recharger an issue in the day of the ubiquitous cell phone, seriously? Plus a full charge will give you nearly a day of CONTINUOUS swinging (20+ hours).

Deus is not the end all and be all. No detector does it all. But no one is keeping you from going back to the AT Pro if you are most comfortable with that. It is no accident that people are most successful with the machine the have the most swing time on, and to get truly proficient with ANY machine takes hundreds of hours of swinging.

Willing to help with more info.

HH

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Vferrari has an excellent post, as does Cru.
When I get a new machine (and I've had a few) I always dig everything to learn it for the first times out. Or however long it takes.
(I am quite new to the deus myself)

It is different from the AT series. Give it some time.
Some help with the sounds; youtube. Watch some Deus movies where they are showing the signals. It's helpful to me, at least.

Other then that: Dig, dig, dig!

P.S I don't typically mind digging large iron. There are cool iron finds to be had, to.
But I did notice an increase in iron digs from my other detectors, including nails.
I'm blaming it on lack of experience, not the machine.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my deep program, but this is HEAR ALL Program. You will hear every nail but you must learn to ignore them, if thats what you want. I clear big iron, & year on year I clear the big nails, then the small nails & so on, until no signals are left.
There are no short-cuts to success. Believing people/manufacturers who tell you these machines will ignore rubbish are selling a pipe-dream.
Notch 00-00
Disc 0
Sens 95 (if ground allows)
Freq 12
Iron Vol 0
Reactivity 2
Audio 05

Basically the same as I use, although depending on the iron concentration I will toggle between reactivity 2 and 3. In England I used a two tone program (dig and not dig), and then switched to the full tones in a hotspot.

Vince- I agree with the others, we need to know how your machine is set up, so many variables. The guys on the Deus forum here are a huge help, check it out!

I too went from the ATPro to the Deus. I was so frustrated in the iron with the Deus after becoming so proficient with the ATP. I still dig iron, but I have also dug many coins/relics from the iron that I missed many times with the ATPro.

When I get a nice high tone that has the iron buzz to it, I'm always curious if it's a coin being masked. If you sweep back and forth quickly and back off he target and it really starts to have the iron buzz at the end, it's definitely iron. Then, just in case, I will scan the target in pinpoint mode. If there's more than one signal, I'll dig in hopes there is a good target being masked. If it's just one target I move on. Don't give up, it's worth the pain dealing with the learning curve.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree , with putting in the time to learn the machine, heck I still learn something new on my 10 y/o machines almost every time (5+ hours) out.

I'm still learning my new (March G2+) it is frustrating at times.

Maybe you can use yr ATP on new sites to get what you know is the good stuff, then take the Deus to that or others sites for learning sessions.

Ill bet in 2 years or less , you will praise the machine. 'if it is working as it should'.

If it's still not 'yr cup of Tea' sell or trade it maybe for a AT Max, I don't care for rechargeable Bat's either but that's just a personal preference.
GL
Davers

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my 2 cents:

From my experience DEUS is the best for fields and especially small things. I often go detecting alongside a buddy who uses the DEUS. He usually finds finer things as even small targets will ring up nicely on the XP Deus. The ctx I have needs a bit more time and the signal is often more choppy on tiny items but it will catch them too.
If you are working beaches however, and around the mediterranean you should, I would suggest the CTX3030. It is better for water (waterproof), better for salt water (salt water mode), better for sand beaches because it handles mineralization very well and has a visual ID system which is good for people like me who have a hard time hearing out fine nuances of signals (although iron sometimes fools it and it has to be swung slower.)
Only problem; its overpriced.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my 2 cents:

From my experience DEUS is the best for fields and especially small things. I often go detecting alongside a buddy who uses the DEUS. He usually finds finer things as even small targets will ring up nicely on the XP Deus. The ctx I have needs a bit more time and the signal is often more choppy on tiny items but it will catch them too.
If you are working beaches however, and around the mediterranean you should, I would suggest the CTX3030. It is better for water (waterproof), better for salt water (salt water mode), better for sand beaches because it handles mineralization very well and has a visual ID system which is good for people like me who have a hard time hearing out fine nuances of signals (although iron sometimes fools it and it has to be swung slower.)
Only problem; its overpriced.

Can't say which is better between CTX and Deus because I don't have a CTX and do not feel qualified to comment on it even though I have buddies who use them, but to address some of the above points:

Deus coil and ws4 wireless headphones are completely waterproof. The remote is not, however you don't need to use it while hunting in the water. I think the CTX is easier to use submerged, though because the wireless Deus need you to attach a small antenna cable to enable the radio signal to be transmitted to the headphones or remote when the coil is submerged in water.

The Deus has a salt beach gb mode.

Deus handles mineralization great, gives you an indication of how mineralized the ground is and you can adjust the transmit power accordingly. The new high frequency coils are very effective in highly mineralized ground.

The Deus has visual ID in addition to tone ID.

Is the CTX or Deus better? That's up to the individual user to decide.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,, I have a CTX and the DEUS. Love them both but had to put in a lot of hours to appreciate what they can do. I also owned an AT PRO. I used it for a few years and then stepped up to the Etrac. Two different machines. Don't give up on the DEUS. Try a few different programs and split your hunts with the AT PRO. Congrats on fatherhood and good luck.

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: you're right. May be it was projected for the French climate

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are even older. In this area the people lived between 7th-2nd BC. The nails have been there when I've been searching with the AtPro but I didn't dig then. With the Deus the sounded like bronze or silver.

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't ment to hurt anyone's feeling. Sorry. I said I was disappointed and I can say it. Maybe it was not very clear. I said that every nail sounded like a bronze or silver coin and also show me a high number on the screen. Have I done something wrong? It can be. I tried all the settings except gold field.
I didn't said that after I received the machine I ran to the hill to try it. I have been using it in the parks, in the fields and now on my favourite place.
I said I'm disappointed and I can say it. I said my opinion is it is French stuff and I can express my opinion. I showed my last finds with that and that is the truth. So you can't say that I don't know how to use it.
If I did something wrong, lets discuss it. It can be helpful for me and others who want to update to Deus.
Next time I will make some clips.

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, tomorrow I will try it and let you know the results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions