14KT Diamond ring & heavy 14K gold bracelet, 242 coins

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
14KT Diamond ring & heavy 14K gold bracelet, 242 coins

Hello everyone!

Another beautiful Saturday morning here is Michigan so I got out crack of dawn yesterday and hit a couple more schools in the hot school district I have been pillaging the past few weekends. The first was a K-8 school. I have searched two other K-8 schools in the past with great success so I was excited to go there and I wasn't let down! The second was another school a half mile away. It was one of my best days of the summer. The finds were constant and I ended up with a pouchful at both schools. I was definitely workin' it! Here's the finds dumped out together prior to cleaning.

As found Aug 11.jpg
Pouchful Aug 11.jpg

At the first school I found 3 nice gold jewelry pieces! I was pumped needless to say. The first was a sweet solid gold bracelet, found under one of those round monkey bar play structures. I always find something under these. The challenge is to squeeze through the triangle to get inside and then back out. It was about 8 inches from the metal bar. I love my ole Garrett TR machine! The bracelet is solid, not hollow and weighs 21 grams! It was clasped and it's in perfect shape, very well made with a nice safety clasp too. I wonder how could someone loose it like that. I can't imagine that a kid would be wearing it because it has to be an expensive item. Oh well, their loss is my gain this time. It's marked 14K with a "RTSD" maker mark. It has white gold and yellow gold links. Wooowhooo! I also found two gold rings here. The first was a small kids 10K double heart ring found 10 feet in front of one of the slides right against the edge plastic border of the play area. The second is a really nice diamond ring found at the base of one of the slides. Hallmark is 14KT with an italic maker mark "MO". There are 13 diamonds total with the center one being a little larger then the rest. Sweet!! It was under the first step of the ladder. The ole Garrett TR comes through again! It was singing from the steel ladder but I heard a very slight disruption in the humming sound when I passed it under the ladder, so I scooped all the woodchips out from under the step and wooowhooo the diamond ring rolls out in front of me. Needless to say, I was on cloud nine at this point. I also got a nice solid 925 hoop earring at this school. Tons of trinket finds were found too and a lot of clad. There was lots of trash here too. I actually had to go to the truck and empty the trash side of the pouch twice during the hunt. Several dangerous items too which I will post in Pigman's thread. Two intact razor blades, several long sharp nails, and some long sharp screws.

The second school, no gold but I did manage a few keepers. The first found out in front of a swing was a Disney "L-O-V-E" Mickey Mouse bracelet. It's hallmarked "Disney " only so I don't think it's sterling but it's nice anyway. I found my second Chanel double "C" earring of the year in one of the play areas. Nice sparkly crystals in these. Another large CZ 925 earring popped out from the play area also.

Here's the keepers... love that ring and the bracelet!

Keepers Aug 11 T.jpg
Keepers AUG 11 F.jpg
Goldies Aug 11.jpg
Diamond Ring Aug 11.jpg

While I was cleaning my coins, I got a nice surprise also, a 1964D silver Roosevelt dime was in the mix. My total coins for the day were 242 for a face value of $16.28. I was busy! There were 38 quarters boosting the dollar value nicely. I had probably 15 coinspill finds including one with 5 quarters stacked together.

Totals for day were the clad and keepers mentioned above, found in 5 - 1/2 hours search time. This was my 5th 200 plus coin day in a row! My total coins found just happens to be at exactly 6000 for the year after this hunt for a face value of $422.08 found in 148 hours of searching. A ton of interesting trinkets this day. I know some of you probably don't care and don't count them but some of them are pretty cool I think. There were 4 junque rings , 18 pendant/fobs, including a Wrestlemania 23 fob, an old Borden's Milk "Elsie" pendant, a tiny GI Joe dogtag, 2 electronic LCD blinkie thingies both working, 6 earrings, 4 pizza tokens (not CC), 2 shot bullets, and 4 cool pins. I also found a rusty steel large Geo Washington coin of some kind.
11AUG07 T.jpg
11AUG07 F.jpg

Sorry this post is so long, but there were a lot of finds on this day. Happy hunting to all. I may not get out for a couple weeks as I will be out of town next weekend playing golf up north and might be taking the kids for an end of summer outing the following weekend. Maybe I can get a couple short hunts in during the evening week night sometime?? Best of luck to you all, thanks for reading!

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 14KT Diamond ring & heavy 14K gold bracelet, 242 coins

WTG, Great Finds

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain

U R da MAN! I always love your posts and your kind comments and encouragement to others on tnet. I respect and admire you as a pillar of our community, keep up the good work...Ryan

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

utah hunter said:
U R da MAN! I always love your posts and your kind comments and encouragement to others on tnet. I respect and admire you as a pillar of our community, keep up the good work...Ryan

Thanks a lot Ryan!! Definitely appreciated buddy.

I really enjoy seeing everyones finds and hearing about their MDing adventures. We can all learn so much by seeing how others doo it huh! Reading all the great posts here is so inspirational and I am sure I wouldn't do as well as I have done the past couple years without getting this info and inspiration. Best of luck to you!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

holy cow bob !!!!!!!!! you my friend are a digging machine !! some real nice finds there.....as always,, amazing !! :) ;D ;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Green1 said:
holy cow bob !!!!!!!!! you my friend are a digging machine !! some real nice finds there.....as always,, amazing !! :) ;D ;D

Thanks Rick!! It was such a great day out there. There's only one more school out there in that district to hit, plus a couple hot looking parks with large woodchip areas near by too, so I think I have one more trip out to there left. It's about 30 miles away, so once I am out there, I have to put some good time in to make it worth it. Best of luck to you my friend. Let;s see some goodies!

Smiles!
BDoo

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What can you say Bdoo but... :o Another great haul,congrat's!!

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

civilman1 said:
What can you say Bdoo but... :o Another great haul,congrat's!!

Appreciate it CM, it was a blast to have all the great finds but even if I didn't, I was just happy to be out there swinging and enjoying what we love. TH'ing!!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter

So how’s the housing market there? ;D You have been tearing it up lately. You the only one there with a detector?
Nice Nice Nice

Dale

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

BDoo, just another awesome day for you!! Your finds are so unique. Unlike any other posts on Tnet. That Garrett TR and you are one!! Love the bracelet and diamond ring. Your silver/gold jewelry counts for the year must be getting up there.

You seem to consistenly find more/better jewelry/trinkets than any beach hunter here by me (S. CA). And a little more clad also. You're lucky the schools there are open. All the schools here in the LA area are closed/chained up on account of the increased vandalism in the past few years. Now, I'm digging 6-9" plugs and pulling lots of oldies out of previously hunted out parks with my SE. That's a lot of fun too.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

WOW 21 grams, now thats a hunk of gold. Man I am always so surprised at how much gold you find in those tot lots, I might have to give up the water ;D
NOT! Congrats

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whoa, what a Day you had. Those are some fantastic finds. Congrats, bet the heat didn't bother you finding all those goodies.

HH, Ringfinder

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

Once again...Jackpot!

When you find tot lots that haven't been detected for a while it's metal detecting heaven!

Just the gold bracelet alone made the trip worth it! I also have a technique for getting close to the metal support poles. It would be fun just to watch you work a spot like that, just to see you in action. :D

This post of course is the next best thing! Great job!

Congratulations!

Ridley

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

B,

nice finds on the Jewelry.

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE