Wheatie in the debris... and baseball card

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Nothing too exciting but while working on a house from the 40's this past weekend... I found tore off some ductwork in the basement and a load of debris fell to the ground. I later inspected the debris and found some marbles... and knew there had to be at least one coin in the pile. I got my bullseye pinpointer out and soon found a 1942 Wheatie as well as a bunch of other metallic debris. So I then decided to try the XLT on the floor. It was pretty silent overall even though there were visible trash targets. I found 5 or six more clad coins in minutes.

Also found a 1959 Camillo Pascual baseball card among other debris.
Bjorn

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bjorn_MD

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
OK. cool. Sadly they are my best finds in a while. I have to get out more.

N

Newbie1967

There are actually 6 o 7 Camilo Pascual cards for 1959 - if you can tell me the card number (on the back) I can give you a value.

NB1967

OP
OP
Bjorn_MD

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
rtde3, Sandy Point trip sounds fun. Not far from me either. Thanks for the invitation. If I'm in town that weekend, I'd love to go.

NB1967, yeah, several versions of the card. Found mine on ebay, red outline, printed signature overlay, the back is pretty worn, and I don't think there's a number to seen anymore. I wish it were it better shape.

Chuckered, thanks for looking it up... I suppose it's not a real valuable card, but it was a surprise to see it on the floor.

dgaughan, it happens now and again, tore all the walls down in the house, hoped to find a hanging cache but that didn't happen. Found an occasional wheatie throughout the house, but no silver. Searched the yard a bit, no silver, lots of trash though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread