diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these out hunting the alleys in the past few hunts. 0816171507.jpg I think it said Anybody but ????? Found in an 1900ish era mining town. Too bad its melted. Its a little bigger than a quarter. I love printing plates and small locks. Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• 0816171507-1.jpg
    0816171507-1.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 13

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody but Peabody pin, 1903. Really pertains to Cripple Creek history,
he called in the National Guard
to deal with the miners who were striking, I believe.
Found one many years ago, really interesting piece.
Kudos!
Carl

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the ID Carl, I love finding the local history. It is easier to remember history when you find it first hand.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool old lock, printing plate and historic campaign pin. Man, judging by the "white" patina it looks like you were digging through gravel to recover these finds? If so, that's HARD CORE!:headbang: I HATE GRAVEL!:BangHead::laughing7: I rarely even swing over it for fear I'll hit another smashed can or some melted glob of aluminum that sounds like SILVER! Nice finds and pics.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool old lock, printing plate and historic campaign pin. Man, judging by the "white" patina it looks like you were digging through gravel to recover these finds? If so, that's HARD CORE!:headbang: I HATE GRAVEL!:BangHead::laughing7: I rarely even swing over it for fear I'll hit another smashed can or some melted glob of aluminum that sounds like SILVER! Nice finds and pics.:icon_thumleft:
The alleys on the side are soft. Some are filled in with old trash. I do not like prying anything out of packed gravel either. Thanks for the posts Kurious and Trapper.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, any of those finds would have made a great hunt. All at one in one hunt is beyond special.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice sweet little lock ! wish your badge was in better shape but I would have brought it home too ! I would like to see the print from that plate with her big fancy hat, Congrats !! We had a great day hunting also .

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the posts. It did take 2 hunts Mcjavert:). I love going out for an hour or so around my sleepy ghost town. I'm glad you had a good day Charlie. The grass is the highest its been from the rain. I am looking forward to the fall when I have more time to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread