Hot Off the Press.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Well, I been out hunting but, just ain't finding much worth posting about. I did hit up a construction project while out gathering vittles. While digging up the cities trash I was approached by a "reporter" for the local rag. I wished I had some more impressive finds but, I got to the project rather late in the game. I appreciate the reporter giving my FAVORTIE vittles store a plug, BIG LOTS ROCKS! They ripped the streets out for blocks. I would have loved to been there when they did that. Any how we got a bit of rain this afternoon but, need a LONG drenching rain to saturate the soil. The "crude smoking pipe" brought back old memories. :drunken_smilie: I found three unused square nails right next to a utility pole. The ornate brass thingy was laying right on the surface. Some decorative piece I reckon. Other than that just clearing trash from my local construction projects. The Classic Impaled Schlitz can and Old Milwaukee with the tab "HALF" pulled were from my little village. I did spot a few ripe juicy plumbs for my labor. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Peru Peoria Street Construction 002.JPG Peru Peoria Street Construction 003.JPG Peru Peoria Street Construction 004.JPG Peru Peoria Street Construction 005.JPG Peru Peoria Street Construction 006.JPG Peru Peoria Street Construction 007.JPG Tribune Picture 002.JPG Tribune Picture 003.JPG Tribune Picture 004.JPG Tribune Picture 005.JPG Peru Peoria Street Construction 010.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 13

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a pipe a plumber would make out of spare parts. nice pictures

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrrrrrrgh!! HARUMPF!! :angry7:

He hee. Yep. I am trying my best to take the dry times in stride. Clearing the spots I hunt often of nails, foil, etc. while awaiting better conditions and moist soil. There's more goodies out there, I KNOW IT!:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a pipe a plumber would make out of spare parts. nice pictures

I wonder if Cheech Marin & Tommy Chong did plumbing on the side before their big break.:dontknow::laughing7:

Last edited:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That beaver tail half attached is funny. Guess he couldn't wait another 1 millisecond for his beer.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice article man. Your famous. Keep it up.

I showed the gals at work. They were drooling for me. They know I am dedicated to seeking treasure and have no time to invest in "relationships".:nono::love9::laughing9:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool that you made it into an article! :icon_thumright:

That 'magic whistle' is hilarious... :laughing9:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool that you made it into an article! :icon_thumright:

That 'magic whistle' is hilarious... :laughing9:

I thought he wrote a fine little story. I wasn't ever expecting to see the article but, a coworker from down that way flagged me down this morning and gave me the clip. I was impressed.:icon_thumleft: As for the magic whistle, I preferred glass pipes. I hated the taste of metal or other "foreign" substances with my herb.:nono:::):tongue1:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions