perils of the forest--- don't @*%& ! with mother nature for 39 cents, ARRRGH!!!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another hunt on Wed. with FMERG (he got ANOTHER Bahbah). we are working the forest floor at 6PM on opposing sides of a trail, when he comes to me & says----"I just walking up on a STEAMING pile of bear scat"
this NY Bruin was watching us but we never saw him. guess that was just a subtle hint----

"Yo, FOOL dis here be MY :censored:- :censored: 'n forest !!!!

on to my solo hunt Thusday,
as I remove the copper memorials, a few Jeffs & clad dimes--- a nice 70/71 hit at 3" reveals this NOT treasure---- Stratford plated

IMG_6153.JPG IMG_6154.JPG

BUT--- there's more there, so as I explore the same hole for the 50/52 (GOLD?????????) hit----

when wrath and fury erupts from the virgin soil <<<<<<<<<<<< a squadron of yellow jackets commence to tear my sorry :censored: up. a rapid retreat of over 100 feet with one lone Maverick :evil4: still in pursuit, I stand defeated & lickin' my half dozen wounds :BangHead::BangHead:

goin' back today to inflict the wrath of napalm on these winged demons :angry4: :cussing: :angry1: :angry5:

I want that other target :laughing7:

Upvote 12

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another hunt on Wed. with FMERG (he got ANOTHER Bahbah). we are working the forest floor at 6PM on opposing sides of a trail, when he comes to me & says----"I just walking up on a STEAMING pile of bear scat"
this NY Bruin was watching us but we never saw him. guess that was just a subtle hint----

"Yo, FOOL dis here be MY :censored:- :censored: 'n forest !!!!

on to my solo hunt Thusday,
as I remove the copper memorials, a few Jeffs & clad dimes--- a nice 70/71 hit at 3" reveals this NOT treasure---- Stratford plated

View attachment 1484040 View attachment 1484041

BUT--- there's more there, so as I explore the same hole for the 50/52 (GOLD?????????) hit----

when wrath and fury erupts from the virgin soil <<<<<<<<<<<< a squadron of yellow jackets commence to tear my sorry :censored: up. a rapid retreat of over 100 feet with one lone Maverick :evil4: still in pursuit, I stand defeated & lickin' my half dozen wounds :BangHead::BangHead:

goin' back today to inflict the wrath of napalm on these winged demons :angry4: :cussing: :angry1: :angry5:

I want that other target :laughing7:

Good luck at battle sir! dr bronners soapy water 50/50 mix gets them as well in case of fire hazards or close to houses, for the next inevitable run in.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go back and read your post. Think someone's trying to tell you something? Bear = strike 1. Wasps = strike 2. You sure you want to step up for strike three? Hope you're not like me and say YUP!!!! Take care out there. Oh, and please comb the hair out of the eyes in the back of your head!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I doubt you filled your hole it should be easier to find. Video of the revenge please.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently had some negative experiences with yellow jackets. I had a broken foot and was walking with crutches in my yard, put my crutch through a nest and they stung me. I went metal detecting there a week later and accidentally stepped on the same nest, one got stuck in my hair and kept stinging my scalp. I hope you feel well soon! Nice knife, looks sterling silver, it must be very good plating.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice find! :occasion14:

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and if all that isn't enough--- lost count on the # of aluminum foil bindles of heroin I dug. always a tight folded neat wad with powder inside.

more 12GA. brass than unwashed protesters wearing backpacks, ---

the only bare today was a really cute chick with great legs that passed us twice, then FMERG spotted her again---minus her dress---- :icon_biggrin:----- whadayagonnado :dontknow:--- it's Woodstock :dontknow::happysmiley:

I was elsewhere diggun trash :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stepped on a nest last year hadn't run that fast since I was a kid and the Cop wanted my bag of weed .they will chase you for a long time

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question! Which will cause you to run faster a bear or wasps? Give up? ask Port Ewen Ace..................:laughing7::tongue3::tongue3::icon_thumleft::icon_thumright::tongue3:

Trick question though, you don't run from bears !

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
50-52, so many possibilities! You must let us know whether it comes out a pop top or hopefully a shield nickel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread