my best hunt this year

scribben

Jul 9, 2017
northern ky
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact....... ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this hunt today came from the new permission i received after last weeks silver spoon. we went into the property thinking it was going to be loaded with coins and that just wasn't the case however by lunch i had only one coin to show for my effort . however the 1956 silver quarter was my first silver quarter ever!! after lunch we came back feeling like there should be more when i hit a solid 82 on my nokta impact vlx2 mode on 5khz.
i dug the target and cleaned it but i was confused . i thought i had a shield nickel because all i could really make out at the time was the shield on the back ,but the coin rang copper so i hit the google machine and cleaned it as best i could . i realized it was a 2 cent piece , but unfortunately someone drilled it or something so no date on it . P8170403.jpg P8170405.jpg P8170404.jpg P8170408.jpg finished my day with a 1941 merc dime so my first 2 silver day my first 2cent piece and my first silver quarter . all within a month of having my new detector.

Upvote 42

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds , ill take a 2 center holed or not , Silver is 'Always' a thrill .

It takes a certain personality type to 'get' detecting especially when we are only finding Common Items $4 Silver , $2 Civil War 3 Ringers. but To us it's history & the excitement of a child finding 'Treasure'!

+If you don't have to have every new gadget or the "Best" of everything it's a money saving / Finding Hobby.

P.S. I be scared to death to ask permission on that nice home-site.
GD
Davers

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score on notching off a pair of bucket list coins!:headbang: Looks like ya'll could use some rain to moisten up that soil. Make sure you don't "kill" the grass on permissions when the ground is too dry. I try not to hunt nicer spots until after soaking rains. You are doing well with that Impact. Trying different programs and things will help you get more targets I suppose. Thanks for sharing and the pics too. :icon_thumleft:

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I recently found a 2¢ piece and was thrilled! I can't read the date at all on mine :( . I see that quite a few coins are found with holes in them. I think it would be cool to find a holed coin knowing it used to be tied up so as not to get lost....but got lost anyway!

Last edited:

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats with a great score of coins. Ive yet to dig a 2 cent. I have found hammered cobs, 8 reals, even a 1852 gold one dollar coin but no 2 cent piece. Don't stress over the condition, the value is finding these cool relics and preserving history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions