Two bucket listers in the middle of the woods...

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I went to an location that I'm on very often. Iv'e found coins from mid 1700's to early 2000's there. I'm trying to get proof that some people lived there back in the day while the people living there says the houses are from 1930's and all the people from the 1700 & 1800's was just "walking" there dropping stuff. It's was also used to hunt moose in the early 1900's. So I went out in the extremely thick forrest and got my first target an bullet casing, got another besides it, and another and a big target with 4 bullet casings that has been on an clip. And i looked at these bullet casings and realize that all of them have a wood top instead of a bullet... Each one isn't shot so then it clicked for me. All of them are wooden stuffed bullets, an uncommon find. There's still powder in them and one has a date 1941 so I don't know what they're used for but they're quite interesting: IMG_7374[1].JPG

Then I probably walked for another 1 and a half hour just finding trash until I came up on a strange copper signal, dug it, and got my first spoon (part of): IMG_7375[1].JPG

This is some small proof that someone lived in these woods a long time ago... (I think)

Upvote 10

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
''This is some small proof that someone lived in these woods a long time ago''

I'm afraid its not enough proof yet, these turn up everywhere miles from where people lived. Keep at though.

I have no idea why you would have wooden bullets?? Blank fire Practice?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions! :occasion14:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have very interesting finds here. I also admire your pursuit of history and relics to support your theories and the efforts to piece things together. That's the kind of thing I really enjoy in the hobby! Congrats! :occasion14:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
German mauser rifles used wooden bullets in their blank cartridges. Wood would disintegrate right out of the muzzle but without a "bullet" the cartridges would not work in a magazine.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats . Treasurer is great!!!!

Nick Russell

Greenie
Aug 7, 2017
Edgewater, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said one bullet is stamped 1941. I'm betting they were World War II practice rounds or training blanks. I was a firearms instructor at West Point back in my Army days and we had some wooden bullets on display in the Army museum there.

OP
OP
Vldetecting

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's the case idk how rare it is cause Sweden was never involved in World War 2...

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep on detecting those woods

John85