Court House Construction

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Driving by the old court house and seen they are still trenching it up. Started off finding the 1937 beat up Buffalo. Then the sweet old Naval Button. Found this odd looking gold gilded bling thing on a pin type shaft. Has a green rock in the end of it. Worked the spot they had finished and found the 1889 Indian Head One Center. I got the large brass or copper disk with the threaded backside. I thought I scored my first COLONIAL when it came out! LOL! Had a blast working this sight. This is why I LOVE CONSTRUCTION SIGHTS!:love4: I'll be looking for help identifying the old Naval Button. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Court House Construction 001.JPG Court House Construction 002.JPG Court House Construction 004.JPG Court House Construction 005.JPG Court House Construction 006.JPG Court House Construction 007.JPG Court House Construction 008.JPG Court House Construction 009.JPG Court House Construction 010.JPG Court House Construction 011.JPG Court House Construction 012.JPG Court House Construction 013.JPG Court House Construction 014.JPG Court House Construction 015.JPG Court House Construction 020.JPG Court House Construction 021.JPG Court House Construction 022.JPG Court House Construction 023.JPG Court House Construction 026.JPG Court House Construction 027.JPG Court House Construction 025.JPG

Upvote 19

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
That's some really cool stuff! I am far from knowing my relics, but the first thing that came to mind is a hair pin.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some really cool stuff! I am far from knowing my relics, but the first thing that came to mind is a hair pin.

I have NO idea. It just looked weird when I dug it. I never noticed the gold gilding or the green rock until I got home to wash it up a bit. It's pretty darn old and very cool! I'll see if I can stick it in my hair!:headbang:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds and looks like you had a great time.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice! I have wondered when I drive by road construction...can we just go detect there (when they are not working) or need permission?

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Thats a lot of great stuff. Construction sites can be a great place to find some stuff, thats for sure. Ive found a couple of neat things in them before, but never any old coins.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I have wondered when I drive by road construction...can we just go detect there (when they are not working) or need permission?

The court house is a "public" property so John & Jane Doe can hunt it. I asked the landscape guy working the sight if he minded me checking out the disturbed dirt and he said "knock yourself out". I am legit to plunder and if you go this route you will be too.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics. Looks like a fun day!

It was fun. The old Indian head and the hair pin looking old bling thingy were just an inch or two deep in the finished area of construction. Must have been dug up and moved from their original resting place. Easy digs for old targets is FUN!:hello2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Thats a lot of great stuff. Construction sites can be a great place to find some stuff, thats for sure. Ive found a couple of neat things in them before, but never any old coins.

This was my second go at this particular construction sight. First time I got an old lead bridal rosette but, no old coins. This time I got a pair of old coins. You just never know unless you go crazy over the disturbed dirt.:headbang:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like another good hunt Kurious. If you find anything out on the Navy Button, please give us an update.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunt man. You've been on some good stuff lately!!

Thanks fellow overtaxed dweller of the most corrupt & bankrupt state in ALL 50 in the union.:cussing::icon_biggrin: I am trying a bit more to extend my hunting areas and also asking a few more private permissions. Location is primary as we all learn and timing as well when construction opportunities present themselves. I am pretty certain I know my machines well enough to recover the good stuff. It's just getting THAT stuff under my coil.:hello:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the productive relic and coin hunt! :occasion14:

Very cool old piece of jewelry. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul! Thanks for sharing the pic!

Thanks mate. I got a bit carried away with the camera! I hope the pictures help the new comers or those a bit "timid" about hitting construction sights. Of course common sense and consideration must be applied so you don't injure yourself. I may be getting a bit older but, still agile as heck and will climb dirt piles and jump into holes or trenches as the case here was. Nothing better than scraping up goodies that have been moved from the deep to an easy repeatable signal.:headbang:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratualtions on the productive relic and coin hunt! :occasion14:

Very cool old piece of jewelry. :icon_thumright:

Ha Ha! Thanks Professor. Ya' know I didn't even have a clue what that item was until I got home to clean it up a bit. I actually still am not absolutely certain what it is? I guess I need to send it over to the What Is It section to get some ideas or an actual confirmation. Old and Gold gilded ornate with a green stone is totally cool with me!:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread