After work hunt at work

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a chance yesterday to try my f75ltd in the grass lawn at work. After i was done for the day of course( would love to get paid to detect any day haha) didnt expect to find much as the emi is terrible there and is loaded with beer cans and tons of trash by the road. To start off i got a very solid 83 signal and what i thought was a holed large copper coin at first but turned out to be a id tag of some sort. I imagine Hall is the last name and Buffalo for Buffalo NY. Very cool whatever it is wish i knew more about it. Next was a strong 72 signal maybe 5 feet from the tag and pulled up a really nice complete crotal bell about 5 " deep. After a few pics i cleaned the dirt out from inside and rang it for its first time in about 200 years. It sure sounds good too!

IMG_4088.JPG
IMG_4092.JPG
IMG_4090.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4135.JPG
    IMG_4135.JPG
    853.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4135.JPG
    IMG_4135.JPG
    931.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Upvote 11

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice crotal bell! I only found one partial one, finding a complete one would be great! The tag is also very nice, looks to have some age.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love the bell

OP
OP
S

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice crotal bell! I only found one partial one, finding a complete one would be great! The tag is also very nice, looks to have some age.

Thank you coinman. This is my second complete one this year, got my first one last year with my old detector. So now i have 3 complete bells all different styles that all still ring! Now i am on the hunt for the large baseball sized ones out there my friends always find partial pieces of

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool relics, congratulations! :occasion14:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great point on taking advantage of time and every opportunity -- these are some excellent finds! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread