First Day of Spring

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi guys, had a great day again yesterday. It's a trend that never seems to get slow for me. I just have a natural ability to find treasure. I was hunting in a good spot in the woods when I decided things were finally starting to get slow. I figured there tons of woods here let me explore them abit. The woods I was in is right behind a old neighborhood. So I'm guessing they used these woods alot due to the lost stuff I'm finding. The day started good with finding about 7 or 8 Wheaties over a couple hrs of hunting. Also a keneddy half and clad and relics. My younger brother who was with me had found about 5 wheat's a merc and a washington. He was actually having a good day. When all the sudden coins started poping up left and right. Alot of wheat's. I then decided that I wasn't going home until I had a couple of good coins that would make a coin case. 5 Minutes later I dug a standing liberty quarter. 2 minutes later my younger brother digs washington number 2 and 3. I then walked around and was amazed when I saw that there was an old cellar hole right around were we were finding a ton of coins. Made sence when all these coins were poping up in the middle of the woods. Couldn't determine how old the site was. I would say late 1800S. I did manage to find a 1884 Indian while I was cherry picking the sight. Have to get back there and dig the trash. Might get out today for an hr or so. The 3 mercs were found in the same area as the standing liberty. I actually dug 2 in one hole. We found a total yesterday of 3 washington quarters. 1 standing liberty quarter. 4 mercury dimes, 28 Wheaties, 3 war nickles a bunch of clad and relics also. Hope to get back out today and do some searching.

Good Luck to all HH Jer

Attachments

• First Day of Spring.jpg
    First Day of Spring.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 308
  • First Day of Spring 1.jpg
    First Day of Spring 1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 308
  • First Day of Spring 2.jpg
    First Day of Spring 2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Great site you've got going! Keep at it and keep us informed! Might be soem barber stuff coming yet!

R

rvbvetter

Wow! Can't beat finds like that. Anxious to hear what else you find. WTG! HH

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll get back to the site here tonight for about an hr or so. Depending on traffic and how quick I can walk through the woods to get there. Treasure does something to me even after digging hundreds of old coins. I won't let a spot rest if there's treasure there. Are you guys like that to or is it just me. Every extra minute you got if there's treasure somewere I'm there. It's just alot of fun. It never gets old. Even if your just finding Wheaties it's always fun. I'll keep you guys posted. If I make any significant finds tonight I'll post if not you'll see some stuff soon.

Thanks again guys for checking them out. HH Jer

R

rvbvetter

If i had a place like your working now. They would hear me at night rustling around in the bushes. HH

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
LoL,that's funny man. I hear ya though. Sometimes spots can be very hard to locate at times. I have been there. It's just been along time since I haven't had a good spot to detect. There's alot of history here so it makes for finding a older spot somewhat easier. Now checking to see if it hasn't been hit already well that's another story. Alot of guys hunt in the city I live in. I did mange to find 4 wheat's 2 washingtons and a merc tonight. I may still get them up.

Good luck Jer

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks Dave, Once it's in the blood it's hard to stop. Good luck to you all this summer. Hope you all make some great finds yourself.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread