Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
My family is in the process of moving to our new house. We have been living here for two months almost, but still don't even have all of our furniture in. My house is from around the mid 1740's, and is believed to be the oldest house still standing in the town. I guessed before I moved in that I wouldn't be the first one metal detecting there. In the grass, front yard, side yard, and backyard, the only old things I found were a Victorian brooch a very cool tool tag with the name of the local blacksmith from the 1870's, the silverware in the photo, and a little lead bar. In the woods right behind the house, I found an 1864 Indian Head cent in very good condition, and all of the buttons and the musket ball in the photo. In the loft of the barn I found an old wooden kerosene lamp holder, a 1960's industrial ventilation fan, a 1970's/1980's Puch 210 Austro-Daimler Bicycle, tons of old lead painted doors and windows, and a Victorian steamer trunk. There is a photo of the house from around 2000 in the library, and in the front yard is a man either holding a weed whacker, or a metal detector (it would be funny if it was actually a metal detector). It is amazing to think that the stuff that I find at my house was once owned by the people who once lived in my house. It is also cool to live in a house the same age as most of my earliest colonial sites.

Sorry that my post isn't exactly following the rules of Today's Finds, considering that the finds in the photo were found over the course of 5 or 6 brief hunts. I also found a Red Ryder BB Gun and 1700's Sickle, neither are in the photo.

DSC_0646.JPG DSC_0655.JPG DSC_0631.JPG

Upvote 33

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I know how I would return the sickle. I also believe in ghosts. There is a program I love listening to that is still on the air right now its called coast to coast am Art Bell hosted it for a long time and you can listen to his shows any time on there website or late night radio. This is easy to get hooked on check it out I bet you would love it coast to coast am!!!!!!!

Sometimes Art Bell Does "Ghost To Coast" or "Ghost To Ghost". Love Those Shows! Especially On Halloween!! lol

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The history of your property is amazing. I was hope you find a skeleton key original to the house.

That spoon reminds me of the triple comb over a co-worker sported.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
The history of your property is amazing. I was hope you find a skeleton key original to the house.

That spoon reminds me of the triple comb over a co-worker sported.

Thanks! It would be awesome to find an original skeleton key! There's one from the 1920's still hanging on a square nail by the front door. The front door is original to the house, a type of door most popular from the late 1600's to around 1750. Someone removed the doorknob and lock so they could cover it up with that storm door (which was hooked shut). I decided to put a handle on the storm door, and am going to try to buy an antique doorknob for the original front door, and a lock (I wish I could find a skeleton key lock).

:laughing7: about the spoon lol!

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, so cool! Thanks for sharing! Get out there and dig out the privies!! See what cool finds turn up. Sift it all!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet IH , & Buttons.

Did you get permission from the Property owner?

LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions