Around the world in 3 hours with the Nokta Impact

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am at a loss for words. I mean…I feel like I just took a trip around the world and it only took 3 hours!

Today was my first run with the new Nokta Impact. When I say first I mean VERY first. I took it out of the box last Wednesday, added some batteries to make sure it would come on and then, did an update last night. First thing this morning I hit the road and headed to the park.

To say I was pretty excited when I arrived at the park would be an understatement. Within a couple minutes I had my first hit. Mixed high and mid tones along with jumping numbers almost made me walk away. But, after watching Dirtfishing on youtube I knew it was likely a spill. Two dimes and a nickel were the reword.

Now for the interesting part…I dug 48 coins in 3 hours. Of those 48 coins, 41 were from foreign countries. Never in my life have I dug so many foreign coins. What in the world? Anyhow, I will post a list of the coins and where they are from as soon as I get them cleaned up.

IMG_2059.JPG

So far I know I have coins from Hong Kong, China, Netherlands, Canada, France, Jamaica and one from the far east with crazy writing.

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 12
OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
indeed Bizarre! what is even stranger is the clean looking coins. None of them are silver except the Canadian Quarter. I was sure they had some kind of silver considering how clean they came out of the ground but after looking them up they are made of nickel. Go figure.
And then we have three coins with rust around the edges. They rang up on the Impact at 04

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome I hunt an area in Ann Arbor and found many coins I just found a Metal from Argentina from the early 1900s My oldest coin is a Canadian Quarter 1800s. A lot of immigration was happening at the time your finds are kinda an anomaly. The thing I don't like about foreign coins is they all look like they are hundreds of years old and valuable.. lol Glad you had fun and sounds like you and that Machine are one. Thanks for the post,,, Tommy

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canadian nickels often come out of the ground looking clean and silvery. It's due to the metal content being different than US nickels.

Congrats on an interesting bunch of finds

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed strange to run across so many foreign coins. Looks like you have the Impact figured out right out of the box. Looking forward to seeing some more great recoveries from you with your new toy.:headbang:

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just crazy lol. I'd be thrilled pulling that many coins I've never seen before. Very cool. Grats on the silver too! Are any of them older?

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How far apart were the coins? I've been thinking about getting an impact. Sounds like a great machine.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice variety! :headbang:

That is just crazy lol. I'd be thrilled pulling that many coins I've never seen before. Very cool. Grats on the silver too! Are any of them older?
So far i see a 1940 date on one of them. Most look to be in the 1970s

How far apart were the coins? I've been thinking about getting an impact. Sounds like a great machine.
The coins were scattered in about a 60 by 60 foot area. Maybe 20 of the coins were in a 10 by 10 zone. Most of them had strange sounds and bouncy signals.

That's awesome I hunt an area in Ann Arbor and found many coins I just found a Metal from Argentina from the early 1900s My oldest coin is a Canadian Quarter 1800s. A lot of immigration was happening at the time your finds are kinda an anomaly. The thing I don't like about foreign coins is they all look like they are hundreds of years old and valuable.. lol Glad you had fun and sounds like you and that Machine are one. Thanks for the post,,, Tommy
My son told me it was beginners luck. Maybe so but i did have an E-trac for a year and i listen more to tone and pay less attention to VDI numbers. If i paid attention to the numbers on these coins i would have never dug them.

Cool post !
I`m glad that you like your new Impact right out of the shoot !
Gary
Its pretty easy to pick up on. My E-trac was crazy with all the menu options and screens.

Canadian nickels often come out of the ground looking clean and silvery. It's due to the metal content being different than US nickels.

Congrats on an interesting bunch of finds
The united States needs to take note of how canada makes their nickels. Loos like they are well made and hold up well to the elements.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes you want to hear the story behind these! Someone got robbed & the burglar tossed them after finding they were all foreign? Some silly joker threw em out saying "This'll keep those detectorists wondering for years!

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes you want to hear the story behind these! Someone got robbed & the burglar tossed them after finding they were all foreign?

The park is situated in a housing area thats not a great area to be at night. You may be on to something. It would make perfect sense considering the area they were found in.

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found little Timmy's coin collection! I see Germany, Israel and Switzerland (Helvetia) in there too.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok here is what i got. Nothing very old. Looks like i have an instant foreign coin collection.
Poor little Timmy...Finders keepers!:laughing7:

Canada 25 Cents 1952 Silver
Canada 5 Cent 1960, 1962, 1964, 1966
Germany 5 Pfennig 1976, 1940
Germany 10 Pfennig 2 x 1978
Netherlands 25 Cents 1960
Netherlands 10 Cent 5 X 1979
Netherlands 5 Cent 1980
France 10 Centimes 1977, 1979
Switzerland ½ Franc 1975
Switzerland 1 Franc 1968
Switzerland 2 Franc 1976
Switzerland 20 Rappen 1970
Switzerland 10 Rappen 2 x 1974
Belgium 5 Francs 1962
Belgium 1 Franc 1967, 1974
Luxembourg 10 Francs 1977, 1980
Jamaica 50 Cents 1975
Jamaica 10 Cents 2 x 1969, 1978, 1981
Jamaica 5 Cents 1977
Hong Kong 1 Dollar 1978
Hong Kong 20 Cents 1961
Unknown middle eastern…4 coins small made of aluminum

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

Ok here is what i got. Nothing very old. Looks like i have an instant foreign coin collection.
Poor little Timmy...Finders keepers!:laughing7:

That's pretty cool! An international coin collection in one hunt. Who'd have thought Greensboro was hiding that for you!

This is just more proof of why we love this hobby.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are Israeli 5 agorot, probably from the 70s or 80s.

thank you for the info. I hope to hit the park and that area again this weekend to see what else may be lurking under the ground

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread