Fate Can Be Cruel

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Well friends,

Fate can be a cruel mistress. Hit a vacant lot downtown in the nearby city which is an old area. I was given permission a couple days ago. I covered about half of it over the course of an hour and didn't find anything old.

I revisited a place where my brother did some detecting years ago. When I did this yesterday a found a few wheat pennies. On my effort today I found a 1965 Quarter "F%*%!" and a 1966 dime 🤦🏼*♂️. My 4th 65 Quarter in the last 3 days...

Nothing old today, but it was nice to get out before the eclipse and other activities of the day. I did find more Dimes than pennies today which is rare for me.

Can anyone identify what the thick bullet is? It was found in an area settled in the early 1900s.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503337265.016142.jpg

Hope you fare better than me today!

-Washingtonian

Last edited:
Upvote 7

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's a modern bullet, gotta say watch out for shoot outs down there.

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a bunch (like a hundred) of bullet heads like that buried in the dry sand, kids were using them in slingshots to shoot stuff on the boardwalk at night, sure hope there were no people walking on the boards then. told boardwalk cops and they dug the rest up themselves.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You neglected to mention that you found enough clad there to purchase a silver dime! In theory you just dug a silver dime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread