ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well got my workout again today. No gold. The tennis bracelet is sterling so the stones are fake. Huge Triton tungsten Carbide ring and one junker. Sunglasses a plenty, a few lighters and a couple cell phones.

So you get mid to high tones on a target. Could be a nickel, a bottle top, a gold ring, a sinker or a bullet. How do you tell what it is?

Simple folks. DIG IT!

Glad I could help.

Upvote 14

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Your sunglass count is thru the roof! Good day for sure with lots of digs!

JamesR1964

Jul 11, 2015
Eastern Long Island NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Radio shack special, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Treasure Master, Garret Carrot pro pointer. Whites V3i added 11/3/15Whites Surf Dual Field PI added 5/5/16 - 2/17 Etrac added 11/16 Whites Beach Hunter 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure about a cz. The amount of items you found were good solid targets. So they sounded a lot a like. If you were to slow your search speed. I mean SLOW! You should go back to that same spot and slowly pick up all the gold rings etc. you missed. Gold is heavy so it sinks further down. So while you are hitting good targets you're missing others. Also gold is non ferries. Along with aluminum,copper silver. Some bottle caps sound a like gold. But when you hit 10k -14k gold. It will sound smooth in my experience on any machine. Until I slowed my search coil speed! I was missing a lot. Just a little tip I learned along the way. It can't hurt to try!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'm not sure about a cz. The amount of items you found were good solid targets. So they sounded a lot a like. If you were to slow your search speed. I mean SLOW! You should go back to that same spot and slowly pick up all the gold rings etc. you missed. Gold is heavy so it sinks further down. So while you are hitting good targets you're missing others. Also gold is non ferries. Along with aluminum,copper silver. Some bottle caps sound a like gold. But when you hit 10k -14k gold. It will sound smooth in my experience on any machine. Until I slowed my search coil speed! I was missing a lot. Just a little tip I learned along the way. It can't hurt to try!

My tip was a joke. If you see my posts , I find enough gold and I do pretty good. If there was any gold there I would have found it. A CZ-21 and a Tiger Shark are deadly on gold in my hamds. I dig all targets. And gold doesn't sink that far in the great lakes. It sinks to hard pan which is 6" deep mostly.

Thanks for the tip. I do crawl most the time on the bottom!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt Scuba!! Thanks for sharing !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It shows the reality of what sits on the bottom of the lake, that's a lot of targets to be fanning. Nicely done.
Approx. how big of an area would have covered to retrieve all of this?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like another nice hunt Scuba. I use to like my CZ 20 when I had it. I just did not do enough water hunting like I thought I would to warrant keeping it. I still like the Fisher CZ 5 and use it regularly ( in fact I have 2 of them ) on my hunts.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Scuba! Looks like you can open you own Sunglasses stand with all you've found. The water just keep s on giving it up!:icon_thumright:

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well got my workout again today. No gold. The tennis bracelet is sterling so the stones are fake. Huge Triton tungsten Carbide ring and one junker. Sunglasses a plenty, a few lighters and a couple cell phones.

So you get mid to high tones on a target. Could be a nickel, a bottle top, a gold ring, a sinker or a bullet. How do you tell what it is?

Simple folks. DIG IT!

Glad I could help.

I tell people all the time-I'm not all that good at metal detecting, I just dig a LOT of targets.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good24.gif

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It shows the reality of what sits on the bottom of the lake, that's a lot of targets to be fanning. Nicely done.
Approx. how big of an area would have covered to retrieve all of this?

No way can I tell. Here is a picture of the bay. I go everywhere in it and I have to go every week because on the weekend it is shore to shore boats.

Your sunglass count is thru the roof! Good day for sure with lots of digs!

Yea, This bay is at the most 5' deep. On a calm day I can idle my boat and I have a weight on a string with a bottle on the other end. When I see sunglasses, money, anchors or anything I want to grab, I toss out the weight and stop the boat, then go fetch the object. I can get a lot more where these come from.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats quite a haul!

Now i see why theres so many sun glasses.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG FLEA MARKET FINDS..

Mzjavert

Silver Member