Napoleon III Token

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I hunted around a friend's house the other day.,.. had to weed eat the yard in order to hunt the place..... I managed a '45p war nickle....which was my 22nd silver coin this year.... some pocket change, and then this token came up.... I got all excited cause I saw the 1854 date..... that is was a silver half.... but soon saw I was wrong...... it is a Napolean III token.... but is a replica........ it has the "B" mint mark on the reverse.... the real ones I saw all had an "A" on the reverse...... does anyone else know about how old this item is....... I saw a guy on Ebay had one listed for $40.00 but I know his or mine isn't worth near that. I gave the item to the lady who owns the house, but wanted to give her more info on it... she owns many old places and the more I do for her on this one, the more places I may get to hunt....

Attachments

• nap.JPG
    nap.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 299
  • nap2.JPG
    nap2.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
French 10 centimes It is a coin not a token -good find - you might want to hunt there some more.

Les

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Very nice coin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions