The Diamond Ring Effect!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While most people in America today were looking for the ring pictured on the left, this nice lady was looking for a ring of another kind.
She got in touch with me and mentioned that when her mom was ill had mentioned burying some family jewelry out behind the house awhile ago
and wanted her to know about it. When I got on site I had noticed many empty holes where she had searched to no avail.
I turned on my Sidewinder in all metal and as I gridded the suspected area I was anticipating that sweet threshold increase that means treasure in most cases.
With a 90 degree temperature in the Detroit area today and the typical humidity, I got chills thinking that it won't be too much longer until I got the target signal.
The sidewinder finally signaled that metal was below and digging about a foot down my shovel hit metal! We both exclaimed there it is! at the same time as I pulled up a metal can.
Handing it to her and watching her pry it opened couldn't be fast enough! Contained inside and pictured was a beautiful 14k white gold ring, a 14k yellow gold cross with chain and a 14k white gold bracelet!
Then I said...now that's the diamond ring effect I'm talkin' bout!
Jon
diamondringeffect.jpg RFdet 8-21-17crop.jpg

Upvote 24

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to everyone! I appreciate it!
Jon

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOOM! WTG teleprospector, that smile says it all! Kudos for a job well done. My neighbor has mentioned more than once, that when she was young, she was sunbathing in the backyard of where she grew up. She had a total of 5 rings on...nothing very valuable, but nothing junk either, and had taken them off to slather some suntan lotion on, setting them together neatly on the corner of her blanket. She went into the house for a minute and her aunt came outside. Thinking she was done, the aunt picked her blanket up and gave it a few good shakes to clean it...and all 5 rings went flying. She didn't find a one...That was around 20 years ago, and I've told her I'd love the chance to look for them and she said someday we'll road trip it and give it a shot...so yes, I'd love that feeling of anticipation too....Ddf

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOOM! WTG teleprospector, that smile says it all! Kudos for a job well done. My neighbor has mentioned more than once, that when she was young, she was sunbathing in the backyard of where she grew up. She had a total of 5 rings on...nothing very valuable, but nothing junk either, and had taken them off to slather some suntan lotion on, setting them together neatly on the corner of her blanket. She went into the house for a minute and her aunt came outside. Thinking she was done, the aunt picked her blanket up and gave it a few good shakes to clean it...and all 5 rings went flying. She didn't find a one...That was around 20 years ago, and I've told her I'd love the chance to look for them and she said someday we'll road trip it and give it a shot...so yes, I'd love that feeling of anticipation too....Ddf

Thank you dirtdigginfool!
Love your story as well! Hope property is still in the family, if not maybe you can get permission to check it out.
Jon

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jon, excellent job finding those beauties! Good karma!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That eclipse must've really been something! I can't even see your face!! :tongue3:

A job well done!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best feeling in the world, WTG!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the smile never lies and she has the smile! Really cool story and another example of something very valuable nearly being lost forever but located via a detector. The rush from actually recovering something for somebody is indescribable. Then the excitement of knowing that there is something valuable for sure hidden in a given area for you to find. well then comes the rush of realizing that you have found the container that holds said treasure! Well done and congrats

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That eclipse must've really been something! I can't even see your face!! :tongue3:

A job well done!
Very heavy amount of sunscreen! Thank you!:headbang:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonderful job. I just love how happy that lady looks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread