Kookiemonsta

May 6, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Minelab XTerra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past I have used (still have) a Tesoro Silver uMax and last fall I picked up the Minelab Xterra 705. I have only been out 4-5 times this year with it but have been having some adjustment issues thus far haha. I learned to speak the language of my uMax, and the whole digital screen reading and FAR different targeting has taken some adjustment time. If anyone out there uses the 705 and has any tips on targeting coins over slightly larger targets it would be much appreciated. Most things dug were valid target ranged and the right shape (circle), but they were just too big of circles!

I went back today and hit a 1890's (or so) home site that just recently had its more modern house removed from the site. I found a 1909 Wheat from this site in the past and on this trip I found a 1944 (40 something), but the site still hasnt turned up any silver!
Also found a neat brass/bronze door hinge. I scratched the back and its very shiny.
BIG arse STAINLESS spoon :(

There was one hunk of tin in the bag nearly ripped in two. I thought it was junk when digging it.... Last target of the day after 20 cans. It turned out to be one of those "Vintage State Farm Mutual Auto Insurance" badges.... I messed it up pretty bad haha!

It was definitely fun to get out and learn a bit more with this thing!

20170909_133002.jpg

Upvote 9

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
not too shabby at all, the car a daily driver?

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOOK TO HAVE A HINGE TO AN OLE ICE CHEST. NEET FINDS..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions