Jeffferson City
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro-pointer
Garrett Z-Link wireless
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coming home yesterday we spotted this box laying on the side of the highway. We turned around to check it out and I couldn't believe what it was. It's two uncirculated silver dollars! One is in a nice display case and the other is sealed in plastic with a cool token. What's the chances of that?

DSC05104.JPG DSC05103.JPG DSC05102.JPG

Upvote 36
OP
OP
PlugThug

PlugThug

Dec 10, 2015
Jeffferson City
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro-pointer
Garrett Z-Link wireless
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some poor schmoe probably had is hands full and put on the roof of his car, then pulled away. Never realizing what he had done.
And you eyeball it!

I've had that happen. Driving home I spot something shiny on the shoulder. I pull over and walk back (other people in traffic were not happy with me). Here it's an expensive (at that time) cell phone. It's locked but I can I call back the last number. It's the owner's son. His father had his wallet and phone stolen, at least he got his phone back.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTH? I suspect it might be stolen stuff that got discarded while on the run, but your keen eye saved it. Great find!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and congrats. You might post them on Coins to see if someone there may know a bit more on them. They are likely silver and have more value but there are others that would know more at a glance. I know people hate to lose things and if it was on top of the car and driven off and lost, would have been impossible to find and a kid might have found, popped out of the holders and spent them. If stolen, If there is no name, marking or other ID, hard to tell and I am not going to do anything other than say good luck with them, hope you do find someone with better knowledge of the values and keen eyes!

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coming home yesterday we spotted this box laying on the side of the highway. We turned around to check it out and I couldn't believe what it was. It's two uncirculated silver dollars! One is in a nice display case and the other is sealed in plastic with a cool token. What's the chances of that?

View attachment 1493102 View attachment 1493103 View attachment 1493104

They are both 40% silver, the brown box is the original box that the Ike proof coin came in. Combined total value worth about $20.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread