Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, it's after midnight, so don't yell at me about today's finds. The beach has been very good to me this year. I have a quart and a cup of change, several gold items, some other jewelry, all kinds of stuff, even assisted a young lady find her cell phone yesterday (she spied it first).

Anyway, The rings on either end were just found. On the left, the Irish Claddagh ring, think that's spelled right, was a surprise. I also had someone help me with the identification. I just "missed" it with the sand scoop and saw the ring with stone face down sticking out of the side of the sand, close to the "ground", well away from the water. It was vertical, that is, edge up. The Deus' new 9" elliptical coil spotted it about 6" down. What a sight! I haven't even cleaned it yet. That design was made in the early 1600's at first, the house sitting at this beach is almost 200 years old. The ring is quite crude by modern standards, you can see a lot of the hand work to it, doesn't look like a modern piece at all, maybe late 19th century or early 20th, I just don't know, and it really is rather irrelevant. It's 9 karat gold and the stone may be Asian white spinel. Not sure. It's not a diamond and the edges are worn somewhat. It's been around in the ground a very long time. Scratched and a little bent, you know it's been on the loose for a good while for 9k to bend.

The ring on the right was acquired at the same time. That one is stamped 14k and the ice is real. Stones are small, but full brilliant cut.

The middle ring is weighty, also with a 14k gold stamp and the ice is real. Those stones are a lot larger than the stones on the ring on the right. I now have three rings with diamond "swirls" and banded like this. Must be a real popular design.

Not big ticket items, but very nice. I Like the light weight Irish ring best! Can't you tell by the descriptions? I keep all my finds. I also got several pounds of sinkers, several parts of fishing reels, toys, pull tabs, etc. I did give quite a few away to the fishermen who were there. IMG_0442.JPG

Upvote 46

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! Those are some really awesome rings!! Well done, congrats and HH

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finding any of those would put a smile on this mug for awhile-three rings-well I'd be laughing. Congrats on the gold

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice beach you have. I like the 9k in that it is more common in England, just as our 10k is here.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all. The beach, the fields, the parks and the gold panning has been good this year. I have (I think) two more permissions, they just started taking the corn out yesterday. Have to get there and make sure it's ok. Going to rain somewhat over the next few days, and have to watch the tropics to see if anything blows this way, but it has been probably my best year ever. The rings have quite a few scratches, etc on them but I have a Dremel tool and some jewelers' rouge, so could polish them, if I ever get the time. I only have have two mens' gold bands, the standard plain kind, one from 2015 and one from 2016, none this year. Funny, I haven never found any of the tungsten rings, but I think the guys are losing them in the water. I think I'm getting these ladies' rings because I'm hunting dry towel line, where the ladies are more likely to put their stuff in the sand under the blankets and then lose them. The middle one is large enough to be a mans' ring though. Just a theory. I don't go in the water, too creakedy. Can't stand up for long on the land, let alone in the water. I'd have to wear a life vest and there are so many fish hooks out there, it's plain not funny.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...sweet!! Super nice rings...Congrats !!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet triple gold! Congrats!

This is a golden year for you, i hope to see more golden treasures that you find! WTG!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
total home run on the gold rings! wow, and on top of that, a pretty big hit with the fishermen who benefited from those lead weights. If I had found just one of those beautiful rings, you wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off my face.:occasion14:

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all. The beach, the fields, the parks and the gold panning has been good this year. I have (I think) two more permissions, they just started taking the corn out yesterday. Have to get there and make sure it's ok. Going to rain somewhat over the next few days, and have to watch the tropics to see if anything blows this way, but it has been probably my best year ever. The rings have quite a few scratches, etc on them but I have a Dremel tool and some jewelers' rouge, so could polish them, if I ever get the time. I only have have two mens' gold bands, the standard plain kind, one from 2015 and one from 2016, none this year. Funny, I haven never found any of the tungsten rings, but I think the guys are losing them in the water. I think I'm getting these ladies' rings because I'm hunting dry towel line, where the ladies are more likely to put their stuff in the sand under the blankets and then lose them. The middle one is large enough to be a mans' ring though. Just a theory. I don't go in the water, too creakedy. Can't stand up for long on the land, let alone in the water. I'd have to wear a life vest and there are so many fish hooks out there, it's plain not funny.

Nice trifecta there!! Congrats!!

And yes they are losing their tungsten rings, have dug quite a few this year.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of want a tungsten ring. Don't know why. I don't think I've gone out once this year and truly got skunked, even if I only got 50 cents in change. There a lot of mid 19th century places here I'm going to try to get permission to dig. Who knows? One day I went to a field and found a monogramed 19th butter knife, and if memory serves, nothing else. One day got a Rosie, nothing else, other days $5 in clad, a couple gold rings and pounds of sinkers. Also did get several nice pieces of sea glass. I still have to make time to make jewelry out of them. Maybe next year???

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the beautiful rings! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread