SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoying my new Detech 8x6 SEF coil on my E-TRAC. Great separation in those high trash areas. The key is to goooooooooo slowwwwwwww and listen for those high tones amongst all the low tone trash. I like to hunt in two tone conductive using Andy's high performance coin pattern.

Last week I found a 1918S merc and pulled a 1948D quarter out of the ground today that was totally saturated with every kind of trash imaginable.

P9120241.JPG

Upvote 26

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silver! I love my 7 inch coil for trash, it's amazing what a smaller coil does on those trashy places.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome score in the trash! congrats:headbang:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enjoy the fruits of your success.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Slow is the way to go! Congrats on the awesome quarter- a 48-D Washington was my 2nd silver coin ever and 1st silver Washington...

-- Jeff --

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver :hello2:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THAT 8x6 IS WHAT I USE ON THE MXT PRO AND DOES A GREAT JOB> NICE SILVER

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was swinging my Explorer II I used the 10 x 12 SEF "butterfly" coil and it did an excellent job. I have since gotten progressively "older" and have sought out lighter equipment and smaller coils. A post in the General Discussion section just yesterday touched on the subject of "sniper" or smaller coils. I have been running my Makro Racer 2 with the Nel Snake coil a LOT this year. About a 4 x 6 inch coil. That thing cuts through trash and separates targets as well as any coil I have every used. I am thoroughly convinced changing to a smaller coil in the sniper size range in many instances is the difference in digging a keeper or passing over an iffy signal with a larger coil. Nice score on the silver GW and future fortune with that new coil mate!:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job pulling a bit of treasure out of trash:icon_thumleft:.
Silver is always good.

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going , how deep where the silver coins? I had thought about one for my Safari for Junk places. So far I like my DD" coil.

OP
OP
SD51

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going , how deep where the silver coins? I had thought about one for my Safari for Junk places. So far I like my DD" coil.

Hey did deeper now, the dime was at 5" and the quarter was at 6". Easily picked up by the new coil. Both were in soil that was mixed with rocks and trash!

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply. Does your detector sing loud when it hits a dine tone, my just says there is a dime here and sings loouudddllyy at me with my headphones on.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find those little coils are amazing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread