ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got out to a lake near Battle Creek today for the third time. Found very little. And by that I mean exactly what I say.

Well that is the good news. And this is why the title. The gold ring barely fits on my pinky. A whole .56 grams of 10K. Found at around 4 inches with the CZ-21 swinging the 10.5 inch coil. My silver find is a little larger. Small bracelet top, .59 grams of sterling. One wheat, unreadable date and two houses were my only coins.

One ring is a small disappointment. A Davy Crockett ring that is pretty worn. A brass ring and a few other odds and ends. The fishing spinner was patented in 1874. The Zippo lighter has 4 straight hash marks on each side. So it was made in 1966.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...ved=0ahUKEwiklbLXjqHWAhUD4IMKHY0uB8YQ9QEILDAA

Last edited:
Upvote 25

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still getting into the water? Is it getting cold yet? I have that exact old spinner blade I inherited from my late grand father in his tackle box. Really cool old find. Would have been cooler with a big old Musky skull attached to it!:o Congrats on tiny gold and some silver too. :icon_thumright:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8.gif

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You aren't kidding small.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba, the chart you posted for Zippo's, was most helpful, I had no idea, it enabled me to date a couple, the older one 1977, looks and works like new.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice on recovering the small ones, thanks for the Zippo dating link also.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wish that Davy Crockett ring wasn't so worn but still a very cool ring. looks like you had to work pretty hard this time for the silver and gold

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scuba, the chart you posted for Zippo's, was most helpful, I had no idea, it enabled me to date a couple, the older one 1977, looks and works like new.

Most the Zippo's I find will work. I found over 70 now. If they don't work, Zippo has a lifetime warranty as long as you own it. They will repair any that are found or bought used free of charge.

Very nice on recovering the small ones, thanks for the Zippo dating link also.

You are welcome. I have found them back to 1939 and I enjoy finding engraved or factory ones. I have a Ford, a Chrysler, a military and ones from a few different businesses. They were dropped in the water a lot.

wish that Davy Crockett ring wasn't so worn but still a very cool ring. looks like you had to work pretty hard this time for the silver and gold

Yep, we took all the easy gold out of this lake the first time we hit it. I got 12 and Kevin got 7. Kevin found a 1895 Barber dime yesterday and no gold. Last time we went Kevin got three gold signet and I got a Barber dime and a Merc. We have hammered it pretty well unfortunately. The drop off is a few feet deep in sand and unfortunately all the old stuff is way buried.

Last edited:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba, I really like the Donald Trump ring on the lower left. Happy bubble hunting! Sub 8-)

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the lake was being stingy with the finds but still gave up some, Congrats!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Looks like the lake was being stingy with the finds but still gave up some, Congrats!

The problem with this lake is nobody swims over their heads anymore. The newest class ring I found in it was a 1911. All the gold is old gold. Nothing new out there at all. I don't hunt the waders area at all. Kevin did a bit and said there is nothing there. I believed him. I leave the wading area to the non divers where ever I go except in the great lakes. I respect that waders just can't get to where I can and I am not greedy.

Once we have hammered this drop off and 6 - 8 foot deep water I won't be back for years. Nothing will be out there worth while. If something is dropped I will get it one year possibly.

There are some fantastic and very nice water hunters on the west side of the state. My vacuum cleaner doesn't need to be in their area of hunting. I am so content in deeper water that has never seen a detector I have no desire to find what the waders are searching for. Some of the westies hunters have even told me of some lakes they hunt the shallows and know they will never get out to where I hunt.

Yes the lake is giving up less and less. I will find more. Always do. With 11003 lakes in Michigan, and a handful or two of divers with detectors, I have it made.

Lake I am playing in:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goguac_Lake

Last edited:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always enjoy your posts ScubaDetector, and your finds are interesting here. A good set, and ANY day I pull a ring is a winning day! Congrats! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread