Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Silver and Gold day. Just dont blink!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    7074 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Silver and Gold day. Just don't blink!

Got out to a lake near Battle Creek today for the third time. Found very little. And by that I mean exactly what I say.

Well that is the good news. And this is why the title. The gold ring barely fits on my pinky. A whole .56 grams of 10K. Found at around 4 inches with the CZ-21 swinging the 10.5 inch coil. My silver find is a little larger. Small bracelet top, .59 grams of sterling. One wheat, unreadable date and two houses were my only coins.

One ring is a small disappointment. A Davy Crockett ring that is pretty worn. A brass ring and a few other odds and ends. The fishing spinner was patented in 1874. The Zippo lighter has 4 straight hash marks on each side. So it was made in 1966.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...0uB8YQ9QEILDAA
    Last edited by ScubaDetector; Sep 12, 2017 at 10:32 PM.
    Please leave a ring after the beep. Thank You.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
    Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    4955 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Still getting into the water? Is it getting cold yet? I have that exact old spinner blade I inherited from my late grand father in his tackle box. Really cool old find. Would have been cooler with a big old Musky skull attached to it! Congrats on tiny gold and some silver too.
    “This Is My Creed I believe first in God, the same God in which my ancestors believed. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my saviour. Second, I believe in the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America, without interpretation, as it was written and meant to work. I have given my sacred oath “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.” I intend to fulfill that oath. Third, I believe in the family unit and, in particular, my family unit. I have sworn that I will give my life, if it is required, in defense of God, the Constitution, or my family. Fourth, I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever. William Cooper August 3, 1990”
    ― Milton William Cooper, Behold a Pale Horse

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    11436 times
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.gif 
Views:	45 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	1493784
    ScubaDetector and Mzjavert like this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    Sep 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Whites DFX
    1095 times
    Metal Detecting
    Still looks like a pretty good day to me. Congrats! Your endurance is an inspiration.
    Kurios1 and ScubaDetector like this.

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Mark IV Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Carrot
    2704 times
    Metal Detecting
    You aren't kidding small.
    ScubaDetector likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    8106 times

..: NICE RECOVERY ScubaDetector :..
    Thanks for sharing!

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

TreasureNet is a family friendly forum with the only exception being our Charter Member > Politics Forum. Please post by our rules, watch the language and the insults. Calling members a troll, using “locker room" language in your signatures, using special characters to bypass our language sensor -violates our rules. Again, please post by our rules.

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Minelabs/Garretts
    1077 times
    Scuba, the chart you posted for Zippo's, was most helpful, I had no idea, it enabled me to date a couple, the older one 1977, looks and works like new.

Feb 2009
    5583 times
    Very nice on recovering the small ones, thanks for the Zippo dating link also.

wish that Davy Crockett ring wasn't so worn but still a very cool ring. looks like you had to work pretty hard this time for the silver and gold
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    7074 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprailroad View Post
    Scuba, the chart you posted for Zippo's, was most helpful, I had no idea, it enabled me to date a couple, the older one 1977, looks and works like new.
    Most the Zippo's I find will work. I found over 70 now. If they don't work, Zippo has a lifetime warranty as long as you own it. They will repair any that are found or bought used free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    Very nice on recovering the small ones, thanks for the Zippo dating link also.
    You are welcome. I have found them back to 1939 and I enjoy finding engraved or factory ones. I have a Ford, a Chrysler, a military and ones from a few different businesses. They were dropped in the water a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    wish that Davy Crockett ring wasn't so worn but still a very cool ring. looks like you had to work pretty hard this time for the silver and gold
    Yep, we took all the easy gold out of this lake the first time we hit it. I got 12 and Kevin got 7. Kevin found a 1895 Barber dime yesterday and no gold. Last time we went Kevin got three gold signet and I got a Barber dime and a Merc. We have hammered it pretty well unfortunately. The drop off is a few feet deep in sand and unfortunately all the old stuff is way buried.
    Last edited by ScubaDetector; Sep 13, 2017 at 09:10 AM.
    sprailroad likes this.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

us
    Unveiler of "Soiled" Secrets...

Jan 2012
    Southwest Missouri
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
    4893 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Scuba, I really like the Donald Trump ring on the lower left. Happy bubble hunting! Sub
    I know LEO and Fire badges...I know toy soldiers...I am learning about everything else from you!

Confuse-Us Say: "Man wearing steel toed boots should not metal detect."

What "unearth" are you doing out there?

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
    847 times
    Looks like the lake was being stingy with the finds but still gave up some, Congrats!

Charter Member
    us
    art

Dec 2015
    Maryland's eastern shore
    whites MXTPro whites MXSport
    12252 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks for sharing another outing with us. Congrats on your finds
    Growing old is not for sissies I thought it would take longer to get old.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    7074 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsdigger View Post
    Looks like the lake was being stingy with the finds but still gave up some, Congrats!
    The problem with this lake is nobody swims over their heads anymore. The newest class ring I found in it was a 1911. All the gold is old gold. Nothing new out there at all. I don't hunt the waders area at all. Kevin did a bit and said there is nothing there. I believed him. I leave the wading area to the non divers where ever I go except in the great lakes. I respect that waders just can't get to where I can and I am not greedy.

Once we have hammered this drop off and 6 - 8 foot deep water I won't be back for years. Nothing will be out there worth while. If something is dropped I will get it one year possibly.

There are some fantastic and very nice water hunters on the west side of the state. My vacuum cleaner doesn't need to be in their area of hunting. I am so content in deeper water that has never seen a detector I have no desire to find what the waders are searching for. Some of the westies hunters have even told me of some lakes they hunt the shallows and know they will never get out to where I hunt.

Yes the lake is giving up less and less. I will find more. Always do. With 11003 lakes in Michigan, and a handful or two of divers with detectors, I have it made.

Lake I am playing in:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goguac_Lake
    Last edited by ScubaDetector; Sep 13, 2017 at 10:51 AM.
    sprailroad likes this.

us
    Jul 2017
    Northwest Arkansas
    Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
    887 times
    Always enjoy your posts ScubaDetector, and your finds are interesting here. A good set, and ANY day I pull a ring is a winning day! Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links