Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been here 40 years. No lie. Detected it once and just got aluminum junk and clad, but started digging up some harmonica pieces and dug this (mainly) 19th century pottery the last couple days. Late 18th century redware, 1 piece, several pieces of a ca 1880 blue and grey crock and several pieces of blue spongewear which was really popular 1870-1890 or so. Wasn't expecting old stuff here, but it does make sense as the neighbor's house on one end of the property dates to 1790 and on the other end, about 1840. View attachment IMG_0443.jpg The cat's chew chicken wanted in the photo.

Upvote 24

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello smokeythecat. Nice to see old pottery like that...hope there are still some other goodies there. Thanks for the post and Good Luck out there. C9

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha! Love the chicken! Nice finds - congrats and good work revisiting your place there!

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My house was built in the 60s but I found a 1926 mercy and a wheat (forgot date)I've been meaning to hit it again but haven't found time.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can imagine my great-great Grandmother using that pottery. :thumbsup:

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I typed I thought I have time now so ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505342021.832866.jpg

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pottery was found in a 6 foot by 6 foot area. Apparently I acted like a rabid gopher and dug it down a foot, looking for more. Now it looks for sure like a rabid FAMILY of gophers went hog wild out there. Or crater of the moon national park. I have about 5 acres left to do. Could take the rest of my life.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice pottery pieces. When I find nice pieces like that, I clean them up and mix them in with marbles that I find, and put them all into big Mason Jars. It makes for a nice display.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trezurehunter, that's a good idea. Even though they're not "worth" anything, I figured I'd keep them. I thought about a riker box.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool stuff. Whenever I come across old pottery I try to save it. The idea of mixing it with dug marbles in a mason jar sounds like a nice display.

Timfromholland

Sep 4, 2017
Assen
Detector(s) used
Xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh pottery is always mi signal that there are also coins
If u look careful in the farmlands here u see the kinds of pottery like that we cal delfsbleu .
When thats there also coins from that era .
Maby after the modern trach u also wil find old coins and stuf there

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very beautiful pieces and a nice collection of finds! I have been saving old pottery and glass to cut/place into mosaics on a stepping stone. I am still looking for the best way to do this as some of the pieces are irregular thicknesses and I want the top to be flat. I am thinking I would like to arrange them on top vs. laying them face down and pouring cement over them because by setting them on top, I could see the design more clearly. I will purchase a double wheel glass cutter to snip pieces to size. Just one more "to do" project on my list!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timfromholland, you are so right. We have removed, catch this, 2 BUCKETS of metal trash from the general plus some bricks. The coins are mainly modern, but they are now starting to come out. Also found a few old buttons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread