hold yer horses, Amos----Pegasus is limpin', NICE button & more at Woodstock, NY

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am now diggin' every hit that tries to get above 47, so this 1 acre spot is gittin' scrubbed like a rogue server :evil4: :evil7:
first up at the plate :laughing7::laughing7:

another spoon (piece)--this is pewter--
they sure did do some chowin' down outdoors
IMG_6348.JPG

another bullet, small broken pewter button, another bale seal ----- and a fresh water tank for a city of forest trolls (no eye deer what this was :dontknow:???)

IMG_6342.JPG
IMG_6343.JPG

LORDY_______________ I finally dug a half cent
:laughing7::happysmiley::BangHead:

IMG_6347.JPG

fried wheat :BangHead:

IMG_6344.JPG

MEGA COOL 2 piece brass button---- crown on top, LONDON on bottom with name "CROSS"

"no eye deer" how old this is :dontknow:

IMG_6346.JPG
IMG_6345.JPG

and last dig of the hunt---
if the shoe doesn't fit--------:BangHead:
you must replace it-- :tongue3:

this item will cover my gas to get to the off- Tinker St. parcel of Colonial surprises in Woodstock, NY

IMG_6349.JPG
IMG_6350.JPG
IMG_6351.JPG

also got a new permission in the area-- 75 acre farm, again-- Colonial---
gonna need patience here----- LOTS OF IRON----
the ATPro acts like an M-16 with a 10,000 round belt of .223's--- 20 hits per swing :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Last edited:
Upvote 14

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG! Beautiful half-cent. You need to get that slabbed YESTERDAY.

Nice shoes.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I pulled this from another TN thread - this is just one of the replies in the thread...

The information that was provided was found in the book: Artifacts of Colonial America by Ivor Noel Hume. (Don't shoot the messenger-call the author!) As noted, dating horseshoes is difficult at best. As with any hand-made item, the maker has the liberty to make it as he/she wishes. A current gunmaker could easily produce a flintlock rifle with all the early fixtures, but it obviously would not be old. Same thing with an ancient spear/arrow point. All one can do is go with the professional studies that have been documented and make your best guess.
tn_horse_shoes.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"the ATPro acts like an M-16 with a 10,000 round belt of .223's--- 20 hits per swing
BangHead.gif
BangHead.gif
BangHead.gif
" That's where the good ones hide, go slow, and listen. You might be digging lots of iron but the rewards are worth while also. Congrats on the permission and the recent finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread