Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Hillbilly River Hunt.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
    Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    5040 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hillbilly River Hunt.

Hey Folks. I went to an island park in the middle of the Rock River in Rock Falls, Illinois. Lawrence Park is the name and is old and has lots of history. I was finding plenty of clad pennies and crusty Zincolns along with lead sinkers. I found a weird nickel size "coin" looking target that is crusty as all heck. Funny thing is it registered around 65 on my Makro Racer 2 VDI numbers. No detail at all and I am not sure if it's a coin or what? Found the city dump at the base of the bridge and eyeballed a little green glass bottle and plenty of other trash. I went over to the other side of the river bank and scored a 1904 Dr. Pepper Silver Medal Watch Fob from the 1904 Worlds Fair. It's crusty as heck from being submerged for over 100 years I reckon. These are pretty rare I hear and go for good money on E-bay. Oh well, had a blast. It was hot today and I went hillbilly shirtless in my camo shorts and TEVA sandals. YEE HAW! Ya'll come back now, ya' hear? Kurios1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	1494084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	1494085Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	1494086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	1494087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	1494088Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	1494089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	017.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	1494090Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	1494091Click image for larger version. 

Name:	020.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	1494092Click image for larger version. 

Name:	021.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	1494093Click image for larger version. 

Name:	022.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	1494094Click image for larger version. 

Name:	023.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	1494095
    “This Is My Creed I believe first in God, the same God in which my ancestors believed. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my saviour. Second, I believe in the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America, without interpretation, as it was written and meant to work. I have given my sacred oath “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.” I intend to fulfill that oath. Third, I believe in the family unit and, in particular, my family unit. I have sworn that I will give my life, if it is required, in defense of God, the Constitution, or my family. Fourth, I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever. William Cooper August 3, 1990”
    ― Milton William Cooper, Behold a Pale Horse

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    4347 times
    Old Gold, New Gold, Any Gold
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Cool stuff and some of the right stuff to go back. Illinois seems to be a Hot spot for river hunting.
    Kurios1 likes this.

.Effort is Important, But knowing where, when and how to make an effort can make all the difference!

2017 .. Gold Rings 134.........Silvers 176

Charter Member
    us
    Patriot

Apr 2016
    Georgia
    Excalibur 2, CTX 3030 Stealth 720i ,RTG 6" Lesche GS 36 Predator Raptor TRX pp
    2123 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Lots of targets....and some nice keepers mixed in...sounds like a good time was had.
    Kurios1 likes this.
    USMC 67-70/ VN 69-70

"oh.... thot ya wuz whipper-snippering"

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2017
    Southern California, outside of San Diego
    1199 times
    ....Nice hunt ! Those Tiva sandals look GREAT with socks !
    Kurios1 likes this.
    "GIVE ME ANALOG , OR GIVE ME DEATH"

... Walks on flaming Pop tarts ...

us
    Mar 2014
    south central ohio
    at pro
    2063 times
    Yahoooo! Sounds like Jethro went a' huntin in the ceeeement pond!! Gawlee granny look whut I done dug up! Sorry Kurios, lol..couldn't help myself...I mean, c'mon, camo shorts!? Honestly it sounds like a great time, I haven't been in the water for a while and now the temps are dropping. I'm diggin' the watch fob and the seashell peace sign...Peace out Girl Scout! Ddf
    Kurios1 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    5040 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigginfool View Post
    Yahoooo! Sounds like Jethro went a' huntin in the ceeeement pond!! Gawlee granny look whut I done dug up! Sorry Kurios, lol..couldn't help myself...I mean, c'mon, camo shorts!? Honestly it sounds like a great time, I haven't been in the water for a while and now the temps are dropping. I'm diggin' the watch fob and the seashell peace sign...Peace out Girl Scout! Ddf
    LOL! I have an entire wardrobe of camo hunting clothing. Hats, T-shirts, Button up shirts, pants, shorts, etc. I love camo. I noticed some "hippies" must have cleaned up some clam shells and designed the Peace sign on that huge rock. I couldn't pass up a good photo op!
    “This Is My Creed I believe first in God, the same God in which my ancestors believed. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my saviour. Second, I believe in the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America, without interpretation, as it was written and meant to work. I have given my sacred oath “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.” I intend to fulfill that oath. Third, I believe in the family unit and, in particular, my family unit. I have sworn that I will give my life, if it is required, in defense of God, the Constitution, or my family. Fourth, I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever. William Cooper August 3, 1990”

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    5040 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4x4 View Post
    ....Nice hunt ! Those Tiva sandals look GREAT with socks !
    NOOOOO!!!!!
    4x4x4 likes this.

Mar 2008
    218 times
    Neat finds, and very nice photos. If that location isn't too far of a drive for you, you probably should spend some more time there. The previous visitors didn't know what to look for, but you did. Any lettering on the green bottle? Looks interesting.
    The little bell is a nice find. You got the lead out, that's for sure. The Dr. Pepper fob is quite a prize, and it looks like it is cleaning up well to be a water find. I guess it is brass? All in all, a great hunt, and thanks for sharing.
    Kurios1 likes this.

ca
    Nov 2010
    Canada
    XP Deus, ATPro
    5952 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Cool digs, I like the Dr. Pepper fob!
    Kurios1 likes this.

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Mark IV Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Carrot
    2716 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm a Pepper.
    Kurios1 likes this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Illinois / Oklahoma
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro - Fisher CZ 5
    4717 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Congrats on your finds. I like that Fob.
    Kurios1 likes this.

Feb 2009
    5670 times
    Cool fob, and I see a nice bell in the assortment as well. Very nicely done on the water hunt.
    Kurios1 likes this.

us
    Silver Coin Fiend

Apr 2014
    Charlotte
    XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
    10539 times
    Digging In Strangers Front Yards
    I really like the watch fobs... and that one is double sided. Very nice find.

If you have never been to the Carolinas, you ought to visit. We hardly ever wear shirts and all our stuff is camo too!

Best of luck to you sir!
    Kurios1 and Mzjavert like this.

Charter Member
    us
    art

Dec 2015
    Maryland's eastern shore
    whites MXTPro whites MXSport
    12355 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    That sure looks like a fun hunt congrats on your finds
    Kurios1 likes this.
    Growing old is not for sissies I thought it would take longer to get old.

us
    Prospector

Jun 2008
    Northern Alabama
    Whites
    2141 times
    Very nice finds you made!
    Kurios1 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links