My 16th Connecticut.... Thought it was shot.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 19
OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone reading this I can pass on a little advice. When the T-2 picked up on this coin at 82-84 I knew it was a coin. BUT.... I was also getting a 2 bar reading of iron. Found a nail first. So the detector was also picking that up. Sometimes there are other things that are hiding the good stuff. Always double check and trust your machine.

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job Hogge, still so many Connecticuts around here. Agree 100% about trusting your machine, especially if it's a decent model where you can hear or see there may be multiple readings. You wouldn't think it possible so often but it happens all the time something good snuggled up against a nail.

Steve

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recovery Hogge, and so true. I can't remember how many times I have dug a hole to have multiple iron target mixed with the one good one. Like you said trust what the machine said, it's usually correct in putting me over the goods but not really great in saying it was the correct ID. Then the "could of-would of-should of" game starts to play in my head. Depending on the site, soil, and knowing the machine I have dug some early coppers digging only high iron instead of the low iron grunts the Minelab gave off, not a given-but it provided pretty good recovery odds out of the iron laden site.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone wanna take a shot at ID on this thing?? Driving me nuts! Looks like crosses on both sides 1787. About to flip out. 7 varieties.....Very Scarce. Looks like 3 crosses on the front....3 on the back. The colon after conn. is tilted outwards, and is above the ribbon coming from back of head....if this helps. 802 in breens.

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
good advice, iron can be a very fickle thing for sure and has defeated way more people than those who have learned how to unlock it (mostly). (and I don't claim to be good at it but getting better only because of the help of others on this net).

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice old copper recovery! :occasion14:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1787 CTs make my head hurt, and it's still hurting from that VT! If someone is going to take a shot you'll need better pics again. Looks like there's some die cracks on the reverse to work with when ID'ing... might get lucky and make an easy match.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread