Found Snake Plissken's Ring.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Spent the weekend river hunting in various sights along the Rock River in northern Illinois. I hooked up with my treasure hunting buddy Kurt today and we hit a stretch of river outside of Byron, IL. Lot's of mature Maple trees along this section and plenty of nasty roots exposed. I took my tiny Snake coil and probed around in these roots and got a solid signal. I dug out Snake Plissken's ring! She's a bit tarnished & bent but, she's a Treasure Hunter's DREAM!:blackbeard::skullflag: I got a few more memorial pennies and not much else. Wound up at yet another local trash heap on the river bank and rooted through there for a bit. Over all had a fun weekend even though no old coinage dug. If Snake Plissken happens to read this post and wants his ring back well, tough caca PLISSKEN! You try taking my ring and I'll pluck out your other eye!:icon_pirat: Have a great week all you poor suckers that still have to work for a living, like me. Kurios1

Byron River Hunt with Kurt 005.JPG Byron River Hunt with Kurt 002.JPG Byron River Hunt with Kurt 003.JPG Byron River Hunt with Kurt 006.JPG Byron River Hunt with Kurt 007.JPG Byron River Hunt with Kurt 008.JPG Byron River Hunt with Kurt 009.JPG Byron River Hunt with Kurt 011.JPG Byron River Hunt with Kurt 012.JPG Byron River Hunt with Kurt 013.JPG 004.JPG 003.JPG 002.JPG 001.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 27
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfect for a treasure hunter! It would go perfect with the Blackbeard outfit that I metal detect in :laughing7: Not sure if better to replate, or leaving it looks cool and raw like it is now. The broken stone and awesome gritty design goes great with the cool tarnish.

When I get some time I plan on taking the snake ring to the jeweler. I hope they can give me some type of date on age and perhaps the country of origin or manufacturer. Also to get it tweaked back into shape for my finger. It does fit my ring finger on my left hand perfectly. Just a bit bent in. I love the dark color better than if it was fully plated in silver or gold. I will leave that alone. YES! Perfect for a rogue pirate out to get some booty! I have never been a ring wearer but, this one might get some play time. Thanks for your interest and support my cellar looting friend or should I make that fiend!:blackbeard::skullflag::icon_pirat::tchest:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread