Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went back to the permission, I could see that they had cut the grass, or at least some of it. I had hoped for the back section to have been cut but alas it was not. So, I drove my truck around to the area that they did cut, the dreaded mine field. We call it the mine field because it is loaded down with pull tabs and other trash. We try to thin a few of them (15 to 20) as we pass thru to other less trashy areas. So, with deus in hand, I started right out from the truck and began thinning out the pull rings and tabs. I also culled about a dozen 30-06 brass, various electrical connections and a few bottle caps just to get rid of them. I finally found a couple of memorials and then a few zincoids. Finally I got the 55 Wheatie and felt a little better about things in the mine field. Thought I was digging yet another zincoid when the 1893 IH popped out. Love the green patina on the face. Then it was more mine field crap as I began working back to the truck. Found another memorial and then had what seemed like another memorial only to see silver in the loose dirt. I was hoping for another barber or a merc but it was a 46 Rosie. The ground was and is exceedingly hard, so I was hard pressed to actually dig anywhere. it was more like jackhammer ground where I was lucky to go a half of an inch at a time. So it wasn't the best pile of finds but they were hard earned today, we need a slow soaking rain for sure. Did dig a target in spite of the fire ants, they meant to put the hurt on but I could tell that it was a shallow target. Yep, a 30-06 brass. I give up on two holes and filled them in, the ground was so hard and I had gone about 9 inches down but I was both very tired and hot. I will come back to them next time, at least most of the hard work is done.

Attachments

• 2857.jpeg
    2857.jpeg
    731.5 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 19

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with those any day of the week out here!!!! Make me want to do some night digging tonight!! :laughing7:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice..silver, wheats and IH's...keep wading thru that trash and thinning it out and you'll be all over those Barbers and Mercs. Fine finds at the mine field! Ddf

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NOW THEIRS A MIXED BAG . NICE FINDS.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I applaud your tenacity! Nice Indian head and story!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread