Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! This weekend my husband and I went to hunt an old picnic grove that he has been hunting for nearly 13 years. It was definitely slow but so worth going! I found 2 Indian head pennies! One is an 1870 and the other is an 1873. The date on the 1873 is worn buts it's readable. He also found 2 Indians (but my dates were better than his :laughing7:) his were 1879 and 1902. He found a V nickel too - I was jealous as I haven't found one of those yet. Hopefully we can get back there soon and see if we can find anymore!

Attachments

• IMG_2160.JPG
    IMG_2160.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
Upvote 16

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
13 years on the same spot, and you're still finding Indians? Four of them? AND a V-nickle (well- he did) Nice work! I never get tired of digging IHs.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ! I've been hunting for 11 years - and have yet to find an Indian Head Cent , and you got two !! Nice to see more Ladies enjoying this amazing addiction . Welcome to T-net !

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ! I've been hunting for 11 years - and have yet to find an Indian Head Cent , and you got two !! Nice to see more Ladies enjoying this amazing addiction . Welcome to T-net !

Hey buddy. I reckon you feel like I do when the folks out east dig up colonials, Spanish silver, and a list of other cool things I may never get in my area. I truly love my Indian Head Cents and they will always be my favorite US coin design. I know there has to be some in New Mexico somewhere. I hope you get your coil over one soon my friend. I too need to get a few scarce coins notched off my Bucket List. Namely the Shield Nickel & Seated Half Dime. Many others like the Flying Eagle Cent, III Cent Nickel, Seated Half Dollar, Reale of ANY kind, and anything capped. Well, I guess we are all limited by our surroundings as to what kind of finds we get. Someday I hope to sell everything and spend some time on the road traveling to where the missing articles on my Bucket List may actually come under my coil. Still dreaming until then. Peace.:icon_salut:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats to you both for the sweet finds in an area that's been hit so long! That 1870 is in great shape and a better date, worth a few bucks too.

-- Jeff --

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your Indians, and dont worry, your V Nickel is out there waiting ! After you find that first one, they will seem to fall out of the sky, er I mean jump out of the ground !

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is great that you enjoy the hobby together. Nice going on the Indian Head pair!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty sweet IHs, got to love it when the wife is giving the man competition at something. My wife gets pretty excited when she realizes that she did better than I at detecting. I kind of like it too. The more that you two do together, the closer you get which is a win win for both of you. congrats

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like a great spot. Its nice when you have a place that you can usually find something and keep going back!! I seem to enjoy wondering what is still in the ground. I found a couple indian heads a little while back, they will always be a thrill to dig! How nice to go out together! Hope you post more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions