The find is AMAZING, but the story is even better!!

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
So I and my wife (such a good sport) decided to hit a swim beach that did real well for me last year with 4 or 5 rings, one of which was a gold dolphin ring with sapphires and a couple silver rings (previous post). Anyhow when we arrived to the location there was one other family that had just showed up also. A husband and wife with their early teenage son. Now for a little background.....This swim area is a little unique in that the park is on a pretty good grade. The grass gives way to a small sand beach area if you will that runs into the seawall. Now this seawall runs the entire distance of the swim area and has a small stainless ladder right in the middle to access the water. There is a dock that goes completely around the swim area as well. When you step off the ladder you are immediately in about 2 feet of water. The seawall is about five feet tall. Ok, back to the story.... So my wife grabs the AT Pro and confidently begins searching the little beach area and I climb down the ladder into the water with the Excal II. Now I know that many of you are like me in that we spend so much time in the water that we understand it is a good thing to keep an eye on our surroundings and especially the people swimming near us since it is probably just a matter of time before we encounter somebody having a problem. Well as I headed out to about neck deep water on the right side (where I always tend to start my grid), I passed the other family's son splashing around having a good time in about 3 feet of water and gave him a nod and a smile. So I start swinging and get my first signal. Just as I looked in my scoop to notice a penny in there (my back is toward shore at this moment) I hear a loud splash behind me. I turned around and saw that young boy laying face down in the water....&$_#%$!!!!! The splash I heard came from his dad leaping off the seawall. I immediately started running to the boy. The dad and I got to him at the same time. Dad grabbed him around the chest and ripped him up out of the water. The boy looked completely lifeless. Uggh! I grabbed the boys legs and the dad and I carried him to the seawall and lifted him up and over the wall to his anxiously awaiting mother. The dad told me while we were carrying him that he was having a seizure, but has never had one in the water before. So back on shore, mom and dad turn him side ways and began to take care of him. The boy began coughing up water and then foam, etc. I stood by until they were sure he would be ok. The dad kept thanking me and I finally told him that if he wouldn't have made that splash, I would not have known! So after about 15 minutes the young lad (13-14 yrs I suppose) began to come to from his seizure yet very tired and groggy. After a little more chit chat I headed back out to hunt. So as I start swinging and move about 15 -20 feet I get a signal from the Excal that I have never heard before.....vearooooom..........vearooooom. The absolute perfect mid tone. I moved 90 degrees to the object, same perfect tone. No chirps, no scratches, nothing but vearooooom. Lol. So I thought to myself that this absolutely has to be a gold ring or a platinum. So on the first scoop, I got it. Wow! I couldn't believe what I saw in the bottom of my scoop. Now, even though this was the very first target after getting that boy back to shore, I don't believe in karma much it's a little too hocus pocus for me. Rather, maybe God just gave me a little attaboy. Anyhow, take care and happy hunting!
Oh by the way, I did find a sterling earring and the usual clad in addition...

Just under 9 grams 14k, 17 diamonds and 4 rubies.
IMG_20170919_115002.jpg IMG_20170919_114858.jpg

Upvote 64

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ya! I'd say karma for sure!
WTG!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Trapper340

Aug 21, 2016
Lebanon missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be sick to lose that. Congratulations. Bless you for helping the young man.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma is just what happens for doing the right thing (and the wrong thing) No Hucus Pocus just life giving you an atta boy. Good going.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very awesome on all accounts and I agree with you totally. I'd say that everyone received an awesome blessing.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding that beautiful gold scorpion sure took the "sting" out of that medical emergency. Good Show, Sir, I do say Good Show! (Took a while to settle down that adrenaline rush, aye?) Sub 8-)

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now THAT is treasure! Whether or not you believe in karma, I think we can all agree that you deserve that beautiful find.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

mnixon

Apr 2, 2010
Austin TX
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum, AT pro
Glad the boy made it through that ordeal .... It never ceases to amaze me what people will go around the "swim" hole with , as far as jewelry ..... Maybe it was the same person who lost the gold dolphin ring with sapphires !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your better than average gold find !!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're right, great find, much greater story! Congrats on a job very well done...

-- Jeff --

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
send it to me and I will double check the gold content

Top Member Reactions