Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been 14 months since my last encounter with Chuckie IIII ______still got that same schnozz :laughing9:
1 Real, 1794 Mo at 6" a weak but locked 71

IMG_6401.JPG
IMG_6402.JPG

the wheat crop is a bit less rotted

IMG_6400.JPG

I activated the latest upgrade to the ATPro-----

a chemical composition sensor that sniffs paper currency ink additives and causes the detector shaft to vibrate------- THANKS, Garrett :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

IMG_6403.JPG
just layin' in the grass for me to snag it 8-)

finally---- if y'all missed my previous posts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

shots from Tinker St. (Eye Candy Avenue) :tongue3:

IMG_6356.JPG
IMG_6365.JPG :love4:

Upvote 20

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice real.

I'm silent on politics and never give feedback to people on internet, but I gotta say those other pics aren't ok with me, and I don't think they're appropriate for this forum. I've got two teenage daughters who have had to deal with this kind of creepy use of pics taken of them without their knowledge, and let me tell you there are consequences.

Just to make sure I wasn't missing something more complex or thoughtful, I went back to your referenced "tinker st" post. Nope, just more creeping.

I've always enjoyed your posts and humor before, but I won't be clicking on your posts again. May you continue to find great treasure, as well as some genuine respect for women.

Very good point Z. K. Not very cool to be snapping pictures of these young woman without their knowledge and there's a good chance you could have some negative consequences from it. I would stick to posting your finds from the dirt, not from the street, unless it's more currency laying about.

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bit creepy but beautiful reale.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Consider the number of hands that coin was passed through time, to smooth that puppy out...!
Good date and some detail of hair and shoulders - all the coins are great! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to all who "like" my posts-- THANK YOU

to those who are "offended"__________
1- there are no "consequences" since the SCOTUS has stated there is no expectation of privacy when in public
2- faces are not shown
3- the pics are not suggestive just a testament to the greatest creation --- the beauty of a woman who does her best to be attractive ---------- a trip to Walmart will reveal many who dress the same but are not "maintained"
4- none are minors
5- if this is "creepy" to you-- then block all but the Cartoon Network and Disney on your TV. never go to ANY public event, look at any advertising and ____LORDY_____ demand that any female you know must wear only a Burqa and full face covering
6- being "offended" has become a national disease afflicting far too many who are "superior" to the rest of us--- SO PETTY and SAD

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

1- there are no "consequences" since the SCOTUS has stated there is no expectation of privacy when in public
2- faces are not shown
3- the pics are not suggestive just a testament to the greatest creation --- the beauty of a woman who does her best to be attractive ---------- a trip to Walmart will reveal many who dress the same but are not "maintained"
4- none are minors
5- if this is "creepy" to you-- then block all but the Cartoon Network and Disney on your TV. never go to ANY public event, look at any advertising and ____LORDY_____ demand that any female you know must wear only a Burqa and full face covering
6- being "offended" has become a national disease afflicting far too many who are "superior" to the rest of us--- SO PETTY and SAD

That part that makes it creepy is you secretly taking their pictures, then posting it on the internet in a public forum. As Steve pointed out, its not cool to do this without their knowledge. Do you think they would have been okay if some dude (you) got out of their car and walked up to them to take their pictures? The answer is NO, each of those women would have been pissed... and that's why you hid in your car and snapped the pictures of them through your windshield without them knowing. That's whats creepy. If you disagree, then get out of your car next time and walk up to them taking their photos and see the reaction you get.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That part that makes it creepy is you secretly taking their pictures, then posting it on the internet in a public forum. As Steve pointed out, its not cool to do this without their knowledge. Do you think they would have been okay if some dude (you) got out of their car and walked up to them to take their pictures? The answer is NO, each of those women would have been pissed... and that's why you hid in your car and snapped the pictures of them through your windshield without them knowing. That's whats creepy. If you disagree, then get out of your car next time and walk up to them taking their photos and see the reaction you get.
I could see a confrontation with a husband or boyfriend who might observe this "behavior".

Jaysix

Dec 14, 2016
Portage, pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac (current)
Garrett At Pro (previous)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome coin but whats with the creeper style pictures of the girls? That's just weird taking pictures of random girls from inside your car.

Last edited:

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

2- faces are not shown
4- none are minors

Part of why I tend not to engage in debate, particularly on the internet, is that it tends not to change minds or behavior. So I really pick my battles, and this one is worth a little bit of my attention and energy.

First I'll respond to your points, and then give some of my own.

1. Consequences include what most folks call "natural consequences," which may not be predicated on a legal system. Like the ones alluded to by Steve from PA...such as people witnessing this and objecting to it, possibly with force. Or lets think of a more civil context: if you were at work and did this with coworkers, you would be counseled, and then terminated. I have to say I also find it consistent with my earlier concerns about your behavior that you've researched your legal right to post pictures of others without their permission. Seems a strange thing to want to defend...

2. The first pic you have posted on this thread includes a clearly identifiable face. I would say that the desire to affiliate with this community by posting pictures of women's body parts is, however, even more concerning.

3. I do agree that they are not explicit, which is I think your point. Not suggestive? Well, c'mon. It's not like your posting photos of elbows.

4. You don't know this, and neither do I from looking at the pics. So, (to the really important point), unless you've GOTTEN CONSENT from each of these people, you have no definitive way of claiming you aren't posting pictures of the bodies of minor females. Which I think may not be kosher in most places (I'm not going to bother looking this up for you).

5. I think you're muddying my basic argument. My objection was on two counts: 1.This is treasurenet (not a corner of the internet dedicated to posting pictures of girls) and 2. You don't have consent, which may not be illegal but is at best impolite, and arguably inappropriate in this context. This has nothing to do with any other media or product, or my choices in regard to what I consume or watch, or what you do. And my concern certainly has nothing to do with trying to control how women dress; I don't recall advocating burkas...I'm not sure how you got there.

6. I agree, mostly. The idea of people's emotional wellbeing and hurt feelings taking precedence over others' rights is a really complex topic. We live in some strange times, for sure. That said, I don't think my objections to your behavior in this setting get into snowflake territory. I've tried to make a thoughtful, reasoned appeal. And I don't think you can consider these pictures a "right" that you have to post. I did criticize your pattern of behavior (because it isn't just a couple of pics on one post) as a member of this community, and used some inflammatory words. I'm talking to you as an adult though, which is different than talking down to you. And I'd say it to your face if we were in person, and hope we could conduct ourselves as gentlemen.

My sense is that you feel that your perceived right to celebrate your love of women is somehow being trampled on by an overly-sensitive, liberal/feminist member of the thought police. :laughing7: I think however that my values, history, and motives would surprise you.

I guess I would encourage you to consider this exchange differently. My hope is that at the very least you'll stop doing this on tnet (go someplace else and do it, if you have to, the internet is good like that). Perhaps it may lead to you thinking about what you're up to and why. If you have a woman in your life...mother, sister, wife, or daughters, check this out with them.

I wish you well.

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of why I tend not to engage in debate, particularly on the internet, is that it tends not to change minds or behavior. So I really pick my battles, and this one is worth a little bit of my attention and energy.

First I'll respond to your points, and then give some of my own.

1. Consequences include what most folks call "natural consequences," which may not be predicated on a legal system. Like the ones alluded to by Steve from PA...such as people witnessing this and objecting to it, possibly with force. Or lets think of a more civil context: if you were at work and did this with coworkers, you would be counseled, and then terminated. I have to say I also find it consistent with my earlier concerns about your behavior that you've researched your legal right to post pictures of others without their permission. Seems a strange thing to want to defend...

2. The first pic you have posted on this thread includes a clearly identifiable face. I would say that the desire to affiliate with this community by posting pictures of women's body parts is, however, even more concerning.

3. I do agree that they are not explicit, which is I think your point. Not suggestive? Well, c'mon. It's not like your posting photos of elbows.

4. You don't know this, and neither do I from looking at the pics. So, (to the really important point), unless you've GOTTEN CONSENT from each of these people, you have no definitive way of claiming you aren't posting pictures of the bodies of minor females. Which I think may not be kosher in most places (I'm not going to bother looking this up for you).

5. I think you're muddying my basic argument. My objection was on two counts: 1.This is treasurenet (not a corner of the internet dedicated to posting pictures of girls) and 2. You don't have consent, which may not be illegal but is at best impolite, and arguably inappropriate in this context. This has nothing to do with any other media or product, or my choices in regard to what I consume or watch, or what you do. And my concern certainly has nothing to do with trying to control how women dress; I don't recall advocating burkas...I'm not sure how you got there.

6. I agree, mostly. The idea of people's emotional wellbeing and hurt feelings taking precedence over others' rights is a really complex topic. We live in some strange times, for sure. That said, I don't think my objections to your behavior in this setting get into snowflake territory. I've tried to make a thoughtful, reasoned appeal. And I don't think you can consider these pictures a "right" that you have to post. I did criticize your pattern of behavior (because it isn't just a couple of pics on one post) as a member of this community, and used some inflammatory words. I'm talking to you as an adult though, which is different than talking down to you. And I'd say it to your face if we were in person, and hope we could conduct ourselves as gentlemen.

My sense is that you feel that your perceived right to celebrate your love of women is somehow being trampled on by an overly-sensitive, liberal/feminist member of the thought police. :laughing7: I think however that my values, history, and motives would surprise you.

I guess I would encourage you to consider this exchange differently. My hope is that at the very least you'll stop doing this on tnet (go someplace else and do it, if you have to, the internet is good like that). Perhaps it may lead to you thinking about what you're up to and why. If you have a woman in your life...mother, sister, wife, or daughters, check this out with them.

I wish you well.

Well said Ken. When I see these things I just wish people could see it from the eyes of a father, brother or husband. I know if somebody was taking pics of my fiancé without her knowledge and posting them on the internet I would be way less than happy. And just because something may not get you in trouble with the law it certainly doesn't mean it's right. I was really hoping ZKs first reply would have forced a bit more thought by the op on the subject on whether this was acceptable or not. I think it was said best above "If you have a woman in your life....mother, sister, wife, or daughters, check this out with them." I personally don't know any ladies who would be ok with this. Nobody should have to worry about unknowingly ending up on the internet because they chose to walk across the street or walk down the sidewalk for a cup of coffee.
Just my thoughts and believe me I've had to learn a lot of lessons by making mistakes. Hopefully these thoughts at least offer a certain perspective that should be considered.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds!

....didn't know you were into footwear! Lol

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Your college "photography course" has given you the ability to "focus" on whats important in a photo, keep up the great work! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread