South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couple handfuls from lunch Hunts this week. First the rant. These are becoming my "pulltab" of the old farm woods. (As I have decided to disc. most shotgun shell ends...) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506022930.024224.jpg These are harmonica reeds. Ring pretty high and distinct on my detector. The old farmers must of loved their harmonicas as they are all over W PA.
Here is the handful of keepers. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506023147.407908.jpg Still trying to get an ID on the sunflower brass thingy.

Good luck out there!

Upvote 23

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
In case you were curious the pattern of that flatware handle is called Coral, from Sheffield Plate Co, circa 1890.
Also, I'm fairly sure the round brass item is an escutcheon (backing plate) to an Eastlake design drop pull style drawer handle, similar to: IMG_0073.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In case you were curious the pattern of that flatware handle is called Coral, from Sheffield Plate Co, circa 1890.
Also, I'm fairly sure the round brass item is an escutcheon (backing plate) to an Eastlake design drop pull style drawer handle, similar to: View attachment 1497065

Thx for the ID's. I was back at the site today and found another of the Eastlake drawer pulls, this one had the hinge and some the iron dangling piece still intact, I thought it was a carriage mount for a lantern, so thx. Great to ID the flatware as well, date sounds correct for the other items I have found here.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Just to be sure I found an image of some even more similar: IMG_0074.JPG

-That crotal bell is great!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread