Old coal mining town in washington: Cool finds and more to come!

Cam M.

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2017
WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro/ Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Treasurenet community. This is my first post on here and i'd like to say hello! Me and my pop went on a pretty cool hunt and found some cool Items! We have found quite a few ball mason jar porcelain lids. Some of them are complete like the ones in the picture. But most are cracked or smashed because of how they were thrown away. IMG_4871.JPG IMG_4868[1].JPG Pretty neat to find and date back! I found some neat old telephone insulators! Could date em back but I didn't look through every page on the NIA. IMG_4878.JPG I also found an old spoon and a medicine bottle. My dad found what we thought was really awesome was a lid to a tin box that used to be cow utter lube! IMG_4889.JPG We have a lot more stuff to show and tell be we can't bring it all due to the long hike. Can't wait to continue to pull relics out! Stick around until next post this sunday or monday!

Upvote 14

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - Noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Cam! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Washington for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
t_o.gif
2nd - Nice assortment of finds!

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff. Is there any writing on the insulator, if so what is it? I might be able to find a date if there is writing on it. It probably dates to about 1900-1930, though.

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Fun Stuff ! The insulators are "post and tube" or Knob-and-tube wiring (sometimes abbreviated K&T) is an early standardized method of electrical wiring in buildings, in common use in North America from about 1880 to the 1930s !
Glad you and your Dad can share this hobby !
....Welcome from Southern California ! (a former Sequimite)

OP
OP
C

Cam M.

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2017
WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No unfortunately there's no writing on em. I Was looking around on The national Insulator Association but i could find anything. Edit: Nvm The guy below the comment explained the date. Thanks for asking!

OP
OP
C

Cam M.

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2017
WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed!

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cam M, are up around Buckley, Carbonado or Wilkeson? I used to swing my machine in that neck of the woods.

OP
OP
C

Cam M.

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2017
WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm hunting in that vicinity. There's still a lot of stuff to find and go through at the site, so i'm not gonna reveal my exact location just let. In the area I'm hunting i have a massive trash pit, and the town through away all the stuff they didn't want and then left. I have barely dented it searching.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WELCOME NEW MEMBER, NEEET FINDS.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm hunting in that vicinity. There's still a lot of stuff to find and go through at the site, so i'm not gonna reveal my exact location just let. In the area I'm hunting i have a massive trash pit, and the town through away all the stuff they didn't want and then left. I have barely dented it searching.

I understand completely, I lived in Carbonado for 11 years, I found old tokens from all those old coal mining towns.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still have any of those old token?

I do, I have them all, they were some of the first tokens I dug after starting in 1988. And of course I dug a couple of tax tokens too :)

Attachments

• IMG_7506.JPG
    IMG_7506.JPG
    839.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7507.JPG
    IMG_7507.JPG
    987.2 KB · Views: 59

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do, I have them all, they were some of the first tokens I dug after starting in 1988. And of course I dug a couple of tax tokens too :)

Those are some really great finds. Tokens are some of my favorites. I even found one of those 1935 Washington tax tokens all the way down here in southern Arizona once.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions