Old coal mining town in washington: Part two! Amazing finds!

Cam M.

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2017
WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro/ Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today me and my pop went back to our little metal detecting area and spent about seven hours in the dirt. The trash pit I talked about has been mostly dug up with the occasional treasure popping out from time to time. Lots of old glass bottle and pottery I couldn't take home. Me and my dad's favorite find today was an old carbide lamp. IMG_4903.JPG This baby this around 11 inches deep! I was scraping the walls of the pit when it tumbled on out. I also cashed out on some old toys! IMG_4907.JPG IMG_4900.JPG And The head of a porcelain doll! IMG_4914.JPG This little pot is definity old with the original mickey mouse painted on it. My dad came over with a pretty cool pocket knife that was rusted, but not too old. Not even 30 seconds later this knife popped up. Double pocket knifes! IMG_4919.JPG I also found this ceramic lid top. IMG_4924.JPG Here's a mystery object i found. Looks like a car plaque but there's no writing. Anyone know what it is? IMG_4918.JPG I also searched for quite a bit to try and find the mickey mouse jar, But couldn't find nothing. IMG_4911.JPG All thogether it was a great day! :hello2: Until next time!

Upvote 11

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Fun finds for sure ! What is the diameter of your mystery find AND can we see the back ?
Thinking a horn button and the figure seems to be a art Deco depiction of a "skyscraper"....the Chrysler Building ?
That pic is a bit blurred.

International harvester ?

Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
7 TH PIC IS TO A AUTOMOBILE I THINK. BUT YOU GOT SOME NEAT FINDS.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds Cam, love the Mickey Mouse Jar and the ceramic doll head! :thumbsup:
Sometimes the best finds are made with the eyeball, not with the detector.

Dave

OP
OP
C

Cam M.

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2017
WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro/ Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pretty sure you're right about it being a car horn. My dad found two license plates dating 1941 and 1942 at the spot not far from where i found that peice. I also found model-t and model-A spark plugs.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been scouring through some trash heaps lately as well. That old trash produces some pretty cool treasure. Nice recoveries. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread