Byron Sewer Side Hunt.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Hit the other side of the river from where I found Snake Plissken's snake ring. The water treatment plant is upstream a ways from where I started. I reckon this spot has been picked over pretty good as I only found two memorial pennies today. Everything else is just garbage. However some garbage being old is still pretty cool. The main cool old thing today was the, hmmm, big brass coat, hat, tie, boot hooks thingy. It was laying right on the surface pretty much up under some nasty roots where the previous cherry picking vermin would not dare to stick their silver seeking coils.:laughing7: Not sure exactly what this thing is but, I like it. I will try doing some light electrolysis on it to break off the crusty sand attached to it hopefully leaving a really nice GREEN patina behind. I love green patina on brass, bronze, copper. The metal cap thingy with the "teeth" in the lid I believe is a marijuana "grinder". Anyhow that's what a gentleman I met on the beach today told me. He was honest enough to share he partakes in the herbal ground balancing ritual and knows such things. It was at least 96 degrees today and I really felt like plunging into the river. However being downstream from the sewer discharge area I figured I'd just tough it out. Had fun and will keep working these river front trash sights until the fields open up or we get some much needed rain. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Byron Sewer Side 001.JPG Byron Sewer Side 002.JPG Byron Sewer Side 003.JPG Byron Sewer Side 005.JPG Byron Sewer Side 006.JPG Byron Sewer Side 007.JPG Byron Sewer Side 009.JPG Byron Sewer Side 010.JPG Byron Sewer Side 011.JPG Byron Sewer Side 012.JPG Byron Sewer Side 013.JPG Byron Sewer Side 014.JPG Byron Sewer Side 015.JPG

Upvote 13
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....nice varied saves AND great pics too !

Thanks mate. I have really been enjoying the new Olympus TG 4 camera. I try to catch a few nature shots whenever they present themselves. It's all part of the therapy having critters visit me while out cleaning up the trash.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DAMN BULLFROG AND HALL TREE FIND <CANT BEAT THAT.

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great photos!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The coat tree/wall hanger is cool, thought it was a boot jack at first.
So "down stream" from the discharge pipe, ever try on the upside of the plant?

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those grinders are officially sold as tobacco grinders locally.

Yeah the hall tree hook rocks.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those grinders are officially sold as tobacco grinders locally.

Yeah the hall tree hook rocks.

Yeah, tobacco. Same with the 6 foot water pipe you have to climb a ladder to use, lol. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photos!

Thank you! I am getting better at using my Olympus TG 4. I have a nice B & W German made filter on it. I got it used off Craigslist and it never came with the manual. I have been basically learning as I go. I never read manuals anyways. I never read any of the manuals for my metal detectors either!:o:nono::stop::laughing9:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAMN BULLFROG AND HALL TREE FIND <CANT BEAT THAT.

That's the jumbo toad which is a family pet of my friends. It lets you pet it if you care to do such things.:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coat tree/wall hanger is cool, thought it was a boot jack at first.
So "down stream" from the discharge pipe, ever try on the upside of the plant?

I haven't tried up from the water treatment plant. The real estate begins to shrink a bit and there is a busy boat launch up there too. Above the area I was hunting is a nice steep wooded slope where an old park used to be. That's the area I'd like to hunt when things cool down and the vegetation dies off. Probably some old coins in there.:icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice relic hunt! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread