Unknown object

CivilWarSaver

Sep 28, 2017
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Technetics Delta 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I'm a 12 year old boy from Tn. My favorite hobby is metal detecting and saving history. I've been Metal Detecting for quite some time now and I Metal detect on my grandparents property that in the heart of the battle of Nashville. I was Metal Detecting in the woods today and found a bunch of mid 1800s era bottles and this unknown item. It says the name of "Spencer" any of you know what it is? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506650572.691766.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506650584.066420.jpg

Upvote 24

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I'm using that " vineger electrolysis" on that belt buckle I found will it work?

Also 'on the Iron Buckle' either the Vinegar (apple cider type) is recommended or just Water & Soda , Cascade Washing Stuff, or Whatever will work.

I like Electrolysis , but that's just me.
GL in the Future.
Davers

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it but a bit of advice, it is better to start a new thread as you continue digging stuff up. When you just keep adding to this thread many folks will not return to it as they would new thread. Keep on it, nice work.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is of a thicker brass, then id point towards Spencer rifle, if it has some bendable flex to it ? then probably a suspender clip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread