WawaDuane

Oct 12, 2013
Northern Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my giant 15" x 17" NEL coil for my AT Pro today.....the dude at Kellyco tried to convince the wife that it's too big to use (yes I know), great sales person. I figured I'd try a couple of beaches so I wasn't digging giant holes in the park. Pinpointing is a little difficult and I really doubt people when they claim to "dig every target" cause with this coil you wouldn't be going very far. I gave up on a few really deep iron targets but I did dig down over 2 feet to find some old chain.

The knife has the remains of a bone handle similar to the ones I find in the fur trade area....might be older than I first thought.

IMG_5118.JPG

Obviously a few of these coins weren't modern drops...pretty deep.

IMG_5121.JPG

One lonely 1965 silver dime, but that is an excellent find for the first few hours of using the NEL.

IMG_5124.JPG

Upvote 10

DigginDoc

Aug 6, 2017
BC, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Tesoro Eldorado, Silver, F4, F1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good to me! Congrats.
Doc

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you eat your "Wheaties" when hunting with that mammoth coil!:laughing7: I like my two Nel coils however I prefer the tiny ones these days. I do have the Nel Tornado for my Makro Racers yet I don't use it often. The bigger coils are good for worked over spots with "quiet" ground and not many shallow targets. I hope you can scrape up some deep old coins.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread