Hug a Farmer Hunt.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. I headed back to pound the dirt today. Started out with an actual iron I think. I heard the familiar sound of a rotary engine approaching and spotted a Japanese A6M2 ZERO flying over me! HOLY COW! I believe it's a reproduction as I think the Japanese destroyed their entire fleet of Zeros with Kamikaze attacks at the end of the war. Scored the 1911 GREEN wheatie and thought today would be a better day. Shortly after the 1911 I got my first Indian from this field and she is TOAST! 18?6 is the date but, it's the ugliest Indian I have ever dug. I still praised the Lord and did my Happy Dance. Been working this field a few years now waiting for an Indian. I also scored 1936 & 46 D wheats. Then I got the second 1901 Indian sticking out of the edge of a dirt clod. Found a weird brass ring. Not quite sure what to make of it but, I was happy to get it. Then I scored the major BLING find of the day the old diamond broach pin. Still has all it's rhinestones after being tumbled all these years in a corn field. I hauled the usual three loads of scrap iron to the command vehicle and left after sundown. Had one heck of a good time shouting and hooping it up in the middle of a corn field today. I did meet the farmer's wife this morning. She was disking the field next to this one. She was just checking to see who the weird guy was dragging garbage out of her field! Had a nice chat and I gave her my business card. She was still disking after I left. They don't make women like this no more. Have a great Sunday! Kurios1

Kenny Field Day 001.JPG Kenny Field Day 002.JPG Kenny Field Day 003.JPG Kenny Field Day 008.JPG Kenny Field Day 013.JPG Kenny Field Day 014.JPG Kenny Field Day 015.JPG Kenny Field Day 016.JPG Kenny Field Day 019.JPG Kenny Field Day 020.JPG Kenny Field Day 021.JPG Kenny Field Day 027.JPG Kenny Field Day 025.JPG Kenny Field Day 018.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 21
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Kurious! That broach and indians are my favorite!
Have a cabin across from a corn/soy field.
So i hunted the yard, found some old brass.
Would like to get in the field someday.

Field prospecting can be a work out but, has the potential to remove Bucket List coins and artifacts. A hefty finds pouch is a necessity as you WILL encounter IRON! LOL! I love my Park Ranger pouch and it will hold enough iron to get my trousers to sagging and my hips to aching! Headed out right now. You'll never find treasure surfing a keyboard! Adios!:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread