Hug a Farmer Hunt.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. I headed back to pound the dirt today. Started out with an actual iron I think. I heard the familiar sound of a rotary engine approaching and spotted a Japanese A6M2 ZERO flying over me! HOLY COW! I believe it's a reproduction as I think the Japanese destroyed their entire fleet of Zeros with Kamikaze attacks at the end of the war. Scored the 1911 GREEN wheatie and thought today would be a better day. Shortly after the 1911 I got my first Indian from this field and she is TOAST! 18?6 is the date but, it's the ugliest Indian I have ever dug. I still praised the Lord and did my Happy Dance. Been working this field a few years now waiting for an Indian. I also scored 1936 & 46 D wheats. Then I got the second 1901 Indian sticking out of the edge of a dirt clod. Found a weird brass ring. Not quite sure what to make of it but, I was happy to get it. Then I scored the major BLING find of the day the old diamond broach pin. Still has all it's rhinestones after being tumbled all these years in a corn field. I hauled the usual three loads of scrap iron to the command vehicle and left after sundown. Had one heck of a good time shouting and hooping it up in the middle of a corn field today. I did meet the farmer's wife this morning. She was disking the field next to this one. She was just checking to see who the weird guy was dragging garbage out of her field! Had a nice chat and I gave her my business card. She was still disking after I left. They don't make women like this no more. Have a great Sunday! Kurios1

Kenny Field Day 001.JPG Kenny Field Day 002.JPG Kenny Field Day 003.JPG Kenny Field Day 008.JPG Kenny Field Day 013.JPG Kenny Field Day 014.JPG Kenny Field Day 015.JPG Kenny Field Day 016.JPG Kenny Field Day 019.JPG Kenny Field Day 020.JPG Kenny Field Day 021.JPG Kenny Field Day 027.JPG Kenny Field Day 025.JPG Kenny Field Day 018.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 21

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That had to be amazing to see that Zero even if it is a reproduction.

That ring looks like it would fit a giant. Very nice looking broach.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SOMEBODY HAD A GOOD DAY

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That had to be amazing to see that Zero even if it is a reproduction.

That ring looks like it would fit a giant. Very nice looking broach.

My father was a TWA captain and a notable one at that. I grew up loving aviation and knew my WWII aircraft very well. I can tell when an old plane is coming well before I see it. I wish my camera had a view finder. It's nearly impossible to see those darned LCD screens in the bright sun to get a picture. Seeing that ZERO was all part of a very blessed day for me. Best time I have had hooping and hollering in the country in quite awhile. GREAT THERAPY SESSION!:hello2:

Last edited:

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! And you werent kidding about the the iron. In fact, it looks like you found an actual iron?

c.d.

Feb 2, 2015
WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an air show going on in Charleston WV which might explain your Zero. I noticed there were quite a number of WWII aircraft there.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I see that beautiful day for hunting yesterday paid off for you Kurious. Yep, that's an iron, and you found some nice relic's. Congrat's on your IH's. You are going back today, aren't you:laughing7: Looks like a great place. Congrats on a nice hunt.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like the finds are getting older and it's producing some keepers. Congrats on the coppers na the brooch.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome hunt and great indians, and other relics!

I think they still make the women like that but don't raise them quite like it anymore. Lol.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's definitely happy dance worthy! Congrats! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's definitely happy dance worthy! Congrats! :thumbsup:

I was kicking around in my USA made Redwings stirring up some dust for sure! Had a very good time on the high ground of this field yesterday. Probably try another run at it today.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some nice finds. I really enjoy hunting those farm fields

After nine years chasing treasure and AVOIDING field hunting I have seen the LIGHT!:o:notworthy::sunny: I think the "bug" bit me hard last fall and is taking me into another direction of treasure hunting strategy. I'll gladly haul 30 pounds of iron out of a field for the handful of keepers I got on this hunt. Thanks Art!:hello:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of digs, with some nice gems in the mix. You're inspiring me to start trying some fields around here myself!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of digs, with some nice gems in the mix. You're inspiring me to start trying some fields around here myself!

If I can be a source of ANYTHING positive I am humbled at the notion. Honestly I would LOVE to get another Bucket List coin notched off my list. I believe field hunting is a great place to get a few of them bothersome elusive coins in my pouch. Namely that seated half dime and shield nickel. Field hunting is also a great way to promote the sport while you haul off multitudes off potential tire puncturing iron objects and other nasty items you come across. I haul off boulders too if I can lift them! LOL!. A field across from my buddies home had a metal pole we found in some concrete. This was in a sodded area the farmer was getting ready to turn into farm ground. Upon further inspection the chunk of concrete was over four feet across and about as deep! It has to weigh an easy TON! Had the farmer snagged his plough on this mammoth chunk of concrete BAD things would have happened to his equipment. I will try to remember to get a picture of that chunk of concrete as it still remains along side of the road after the crane he had to get to remove it placed it there. Sorry for the long reply. JAVA is kicking IN!:coffee2::headbang:

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds Kurios. We are just starting to hit the fields out my way.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds Kurios. We are just starting to hit the fields out my way.

May you get what you hope for this fine day my friend. Rewards for your cleaning of the field's pesky iron and trash!:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Kurious! That broach and indians are my favorite!
Have a cabin across from a corn/soy field.
So i hunted the yard, found some old brass.
Would like to get in the field someday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread