Silver Rings...Shining In The Sunlight...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well they are now, after being 7-8 inches under a school lawn for who knows how long! Mrs. Sub and I hit a school about an hour from our home that just keeps on producing, even with the dry soil. First, I just have to brag on my wife. She was swinging the Whites Prism V and found a couple of small, non-precious metal rings. One was obviously copper, which we cheered but did not think too much about until I got it home and cleaned it. I present to you one COPPER CENT COIN RING! 5-6" down with a 72 VDI on my ATPro.

threerings2.jpg

Hard to see in my poor photo, but the letters, "In God We Trust" and the last number of the date," 8," and "United States of America" and "ONE CENT" are clearly visible on the inside edges! :hello2:

I had my trusty "Julio" down by the school yard, and first found a nice child's silver ring near the basketball court. It is marked "U" with an arrow through it and "Sterling." I believe this is one of the hallmarks of the Uncas jewelry company. Feel free to correct me. It has a nice reeded edge with a star pattern. 6-7" down with an 81 VDI on my ATpro.

threerings4.jpg

Next I was cruising the old soccer field sideline when I got a bouncy 81-86 VDI down 6-8 inches. Wishing I had a jack-hammer, I eventually spied this beauty in the dirt pile. Marked 10K GF & STER. It also has a "V" inside a diamond hallmark. Can anyone enlighten me on the maker? It is filigreed sterling wrapped around a 10k clad copper ring. It is really pretty!

threerings3.jpg

I also found a neat button, five point star pattern with some gilt left on it. Probably civilian but I wanted to run it by my friends at TNet for their opinion. It is 3/4" in diameter and has a rusted steel back with broken loop.

threerings5.jpg threerings6.jpg

All in all, a great play date with my better half, some sunshine, exercise, and a few goodies for the collection! Thanks for looking, happy hunting to all! Sub 8-)

threerings1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 25

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be in heaven if I found a coin ring.

(Although officially I don't approve of such coin damage. )

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done Lance.

I really like the rings, something about them falling off of someone's finger.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great day with the Mrs.! Congrats! :thumbsup:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Ring finds...Congrats !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
" Silver rinnngs ,slowly fadin into sight". Ah ,sing it Merle.......

Congrats you two!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" Silver rinnngs ,slowly fadin into sight". Ah ,sing it Merle.......

Congrats you two!

I knew there were a few fans of the Hag on TNet! There is nothing better than seeing silver or gold come out of the ground shining, even when dirty! Sub 8-)

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice rings!!!! I love the variety and coin ring. I have toyed with the idea of making some. I remember seeing some on here that someone made a long time ago that were beautiful also. Nice finds!!!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds!
Your "V" hallmark might be a James S Vancourt & Co. Just a guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions