tndirtdigger

Feb 21, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It has been rain the last day or so. A friend of mine and I met up at a new permission that he acquired a month or so ago. When we first went out there the grass prevented us from hunting this particular area of the property. I knew it would be good as I was finding square nails around the edges of the field from a house that shows up there on the 1878 DA Beers map.

So we checked it out first break we had in the rain today and the field had been bush hogged as we call it around here, lol! Within 30 minutes my friend pulls out a US plate that we cant tell if its a box or belt plate. Its his first plate and big congrats to him!! He hid it in his truck for a while and then tells me go look in the truck console. He tried to play it off like he hadn't really found anything but I really wasn't buying it.

20 minutes later I get a what I would call "a possible coke can or aluminum junk" hitting a good sound one way but not so good the other way. I dug the plug around the spot and when I flipped the plug over the signal was a solid 80-82 sweet sound on the AT Max. I know you guys out there may not hunt with a Garrett and spend much time on VDI readings but in other words it sounded pretty nice. The buckle may have been vertical in the hole giving an iffy signal. First fist full of dirt knocked it into view for the first time in 150+ years. I'm still shaking a bit as this has been the find of a lifetime for me. I can die a happy man knowing I got a CS buckle!!! Now for the task of finding the other half. I spent about an hour looking hard directly around the hole but didn't have any luck finding it so far. Looks like it is a Leech and Rigdon in good shape other than a slight bend in the rectangle portion of the belt loop.

If anyone can give me any info on the other brass piece that would be nice. It looks like a match box case to me with a bird and some possible grapes on it. The piece is brass but Im not 100% sure. Either way who cares, I got a CS buckle today right!!hahaha I have posted a photo of his US buckle pulled out just 20 mins earlier. I am trying to post more photos of the hole and everything but cant get the photo files to upload for some reason.

Happy Hunting to all!!

Attachments

• IMG_20171010_143712873.jpg
    IMG_20171010_143712873.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 332
  • IMG_20171010_111917737.jpg
    IMG_20171010_111917737.jpg
    831.1 KB · Views: 424
  • Kane.jpg
    Kane.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20171010_142630020.jpg
    IMG_20171010_142630020.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Upvote 73

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed this one , Banner Find indeed , congratz to yr buddy on the Box/ Belt Plate.

Wish I'd gone detecting today , but a little Chilly with a Cold Wind. Hope the relics will wait.
Voting banner now.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You missed a great opportunity... that is most definitely a truck console find!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful piece of US history, congratulations! :notworthy:

OP
OP
T

tndirtdigger

Feb 21, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ETEX: I had no idea it was that rare! Thanks for the info. Looks like you got one of the 31-75 as well! Awesome

Thanks everyone for the comments! Don't know if it will ever make it up top but either way I am a happy man and appreciate every person who took the time to like or comment! Still haven't found the other half but maybe one day!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread